Ain't No Sunshine When He's Gone...
Jack is with his Buddy and DeeDee at the beach this week. I am doing really well, considering how much I miss the little guy! Admittedly, I am accomplishing some long-overdue tasks, getting some rest and enjoying some "me" time - but it is still strange to not have "Little Einsteins" sounding from the TV, to not have stepped on any dinosaurs since Sunday, to not hear about how Lymin Aqueen says Pachow, Pakow! and to not be preparing snacks and pouring apple juice several times a day.
And the sun really hasn't shined much since he left, as we are receiving some much needed rain. It's kind of the same, I guess. I miss Jack, although the time apart will probably do us both a world of good. And I miss the sun, even though I know we desperately need the rain.
So, until the sun comes out and my son comes home, I am off to clean the closets!












5 Comments:
The sunshine is presently residing in south (very south - it's a long dang highway!) Alabama, even though it's been a stormy, gray day. We were even without power for almost an hour after a storm moved through right at dusk! The sunshine had to have some assistance from battery-operated devices, during that little lull. Buddy and DeeDee are very much enjoying the visit, and Gannie E. is, too, having come down from Prattville for some "Jack time." The ducks are also thrilled that Jack is here, as his personal mission in life is feeding them until they are fat and happy.
Mary Alice! How in the world are you?? I don't know how I ended up stumbling across your blog, but I'm glad I did... Shoot me an email whenever you get a chance girl! judysmitchell@gmail.com
:o)
judy -ONE of your two favourite Canadians!
closets? is that really the best you can do?!?! there has to be some way funner stuff to do while he's gone. Enjoy your time and yes the two of you will love being together even more after some time apart:)
I keep pulling up mamarazzi when I am looking for you. Have you seen it? It is in german and is a bit crazy. I like you much more. When can we go to the pool together again? That was fun even if it did get a bit hairy at times.
I'm glad that you can get a break but i know that you miss Jack!
Take care!
Post a Comment
<< Home