Happy 3rd Birthday, Jackson Parrish Duncan!
I keep waiting for someone to pinch me. Is it possible that you are really Three? My head knows it's true, but I think my heart is having trouble really grasping the the notion that you are no longer a little baby - that tiny little baby, born so small and helpless three years ago today. That sweet little baby who grew right under my heart for nine months and, from the moment he was pulled kicking and screaming into this world, took his place in my heart.
This past year held so many exciting things for you. For one, you started school! I never in a million years thought I'd start my little baby in school when he was two, but your Daddy and I knew you would love it and that actually turned out to be the understatement of the year. You love, love, LOVE school! We have had the pleasure of watching you flourish under the care of Miss Julie and Miss Sara and make 11 wonderful new friends. We have listened to you thank God every night for school, just as we thank God every night for you.
Jack, I can hardly believe that God gave you to me. I have felt that way from the moment I knew I was going to have you, but it is a feeling that grows stronger every day. I am in awe of the goodness of a God who would look into my imperfect life and see me, such an imperfect person, and still show me the mercy and grace of a miracle like you. That's exactly what you are - a walking, talking, running, jumping, breathing, giggling miracle.
Yesterday, we celebrated your birthday by inviting over our family as well as several of your friends and their parents. I spent a lot of time walking around with my camera and just taking it all in. Looking into all the faces of the people who love you. Do you know how many people love you, sweet boy? Not just Mommy & Daddy, Mimi & Poppa, Buddy & DeeDee...not even just the rest of the people in your family. You have been given a precious extended family of friends who adore you and who are committed to being a part of your life. You are so blessed by all of that love and I pray that, as you continue to grow, you will recognize how very unique and special that gift is and how very blessed you are to have so many people in your life who love you.
And speaking of your birthday party - your Dinosaur birthday party - I have to make mention of your love of dinosaurs. I am not sure exactly when this fascination began, but if you do not grow up to be a Paleontologist I will be shocked! You are like your Mommy and Daddy in many ways, but this is certainly a glaring similarity - when you are interested in something, you "Go big or stay home"! You will read any book with Dinosaurs in it, wear any article of clothing with a Dinosaur on it and have single-handedly created the Great Valley on our den floor with a great number of T-Rex, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Velociraptor, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus and other -sauruses that I can not pronounce (but you can)! You love to re-enact scenes from "The Land Before Time", one of your favorite movies ever. It fascinates me to just sit back and watch and listen to you as you use your imagination.
Tonight, I curled up next to you in your Big Boy Bed as you fell asleep. I wanted to hold on to today as long as I could. Just before you fell asleep, you groggily reached out your hand, patted my cheek and said, "I love you, Mommy". This is just one of many ways you melt me. You give the world's best bear hugs, the sweetest sugars and the messiest zerberts. With a smile, you can reduce me to tears. My heart is yours and it has been yours since the moment I held you in my arms three years ago today. And my prayer for you is the same today as it was on the day of your birth, the same today as it was when I wrote your first and second birthday letters: I pray that you will always know that even as much as your Mommy and Daddy love you, your Heavenly Father loves you even more. He will always guide your steps if you ask Him and He longs to talk to you and be close to you every day. I pray that you will grow in His love over the next year of your life. I love you so much, angel boy. Happy Birthday!
Always,
Your Mommy












4 Comments:
Ok, I didn't expect tears this morning but here they are! I love your letters & I know I've said it before but you have such a gift of putting feelings & thoughts into such beautiful words. Thank you for inviting us to share in Jack's birthday...it was a great party & a wonderful sunny day! Happy Birthday, Jack!
Amen to what Jenni said...that letter was sweet and so very heartfelt.
I wanna see some party pics too:)
How sweet! You made me forget how frustrated i can get with my kids and remember what a gift from God that they truly are.
Love you!
Jenn Clark Daniel
[p]A call center job is customer service work that is done on a remote basis using telephone and/or computer equipment . We have a variety of gift items that can be sent on Eid in [url=http://ugguksaleonline.moonfruit.com]ugg uk sale online[/url] Pakistan . On this fashion, separate people will pinpoint their actual approach UGG boots outlet sale in [url=http://uggbootsonlinesaleuk.moonfruit.com]ugg boots online sale uk[/url] your substitute time . However the fashion sense varies, designers for these sheepskin boots still persevere in the original theme . mainly because Kim Cattrall spot on Ugg boots with wedding, it [url=http://cheapuggbaileybuttonuk.moonfruit.com]cheap ugg bailey button uk[/url] undoubtedly shock the world . You also can find ugg boots and slippers offering the same comfort to your feet . Keeping the toes warm, comfortable and fashionable all all at once is a substantial [url=http://genuineuggaustralia.moonfruit.com]genuine ugg australia sale[/url] ask . There are stylish and comfortable jackets, vests, sweaters [url=http://genuinecheapuggboots.moonfruit.com]genuine cheap ugg boots[/url] and more . Throw in some corn, peas, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, garlic, and onions for a great start out.[/p]
[url=http://robotikstudenter.com/forum1/2-svammel/23472-no-deposit-casinos-online-new-online-us-casinos-2009%2BResult:%2Bchosen%2Bnickname%2B%22Robrem16%22;%2Bsuccess%2B%28from%2Bfirst%2Bpage%29;%2BBB-code%2Bnot%2Bworking;]There Offer the discount MBT shoes online with good quality 5v[/url]
[url=http://www.zadkom.com/community/b4/pay-attention-to-your-own-internal-tone-of-voice-as-well-as-reside-just-a-little/?action=post;num_replies=3;PHPSESSID=65b5ce13c4b75dfe64dce4fba337640b+Result:+chosen+nickname+%22Robita70%22;+success;+BB-code+not+working;]Here Offer the cheap MBT sandals shoes online with good quality 2p[/url]
[url=http://www.relswickmastercraft.com/index.php?option=com_guestbook&view=guestbook&Itemid=0]There Offer the discount MBT sandals shoes online with high-quality 7f[/url]
[url=http://joit2be.homeftp.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_phocaguestbook&view=phocaguestbook&id=1&Itemid=65%2BResult:%2Bchosen%2Bnickname%2B"Robuju24";%2Bcaptcha%2Bdecoded%2B%283%2Battempts%29;%2Bsuccess%2B%28from%2Bfirst%2Bpage%29;%2BBB-code%2Bnot%2Bworking;+Result:+chosen+nickname+"Robzzo14";+captcha+decoded+%282+attempts%29;+success+%28from+first+page%29;+BB-code+not+working;]There Offer the cheap MBT sandals shoes online with good quality 3e[/url]
[url=http://www.insuranceworld.gr/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=3&p=247758%2BResult:%2Bchosen%2Bnickname%2B%22Robnex22%22;%2Bcaptcha%2Brecognized;%2Bsuccess;%2BBB-code%2Bnot%2Bworking;+Result:+chosen+nickname+%22Robotd49%22;+captcha+recognized;+success;+BB-code+not+working;]There Offer the cheap MBT online with high-quality 1i[/url]
Post a Comment
<< Home