Happy Mommy's Day!
Whew. It has been way too long since I sat down at this computer to share a little bit of our world. In case you don't know, casa de Duncan has been and is still undergoing some pretty major renovations. We finally reached the point where "do-it-yourself" was no longer an option, so we just opted to knock it all out at once. We just wrapped up a new roof on the house and carport and are waiting on new gutters and trim to be installed at the end of the week. We are walking on backer board in the kitchen as we await the installation of a travertine floor there and in the mud room and laundry room. Once that's done, new counter tops will be installed along with a new sink, cooktop and lighting. Sometime after that, repairs will be made to the inside of our carport and front porch area and we will be painting it to match the new exterior trim. And there is still Jack's playroom to finish, but we will hopefully get that done before he goes to college!
My boys gave me the morning off today to just rest and have some quiet and prayerful alone time. It was blissful. Phillip took Jack to church while I stayed home (a little unorthodox for Mother's Day, I know, but it was a real blessing to me.) They brought lunch home and Jack prayed the sweetest blessing before our meal: "Dear God, Thank you for the food. Thank you for Mommy, Mimi, Deedee, Granny Ma, Nanny and my two Gannies. In Jesus name, Amen!" I just sat at the table and cried like a baby. After such a relaxing morning, my emotions were right there and hearing that sweet voice thanking God for me, his grandmas and great-grandmas was just too much.
I spent the rest of the afternoon planting. Earlier in the week, Phillip and Jack took me to the Curly Willow - one of my favorite little antique shops - and bought me a beautiful two-tiered planter and a hanging planter along with 2 baskets of mini wave petunias for my Mother's Day gift. I waited until today to actually plant them, and I am so glad I did because it was such a lovely day to be outside!
We had dinner with my parents, which is always a nice thing to do. I am so blessed to live close enough to my parents that we can share holidays together. Mom, I hope that your Mother's Day was as wonderful as mine. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother and grandmother. Thank you for everything you have done for me, every sacrifice you have made for me, every hug you ever gave me, every tear you ever shed for me and every prayer you ever offered up on my behalf. I am grateful and I love you so much.
Happy Mother's Day!












4 Comments:
I am so happy for you guys...you have been working a LONG time on your house & now you are almost finished!! Call me if you need to get away from the mess until it's done!! Happy Mom's Day to you also!
Can't wait to see the finished products:)
I love those mini petunias! I had those last year and they're so adorable. So glad that you had a happy mother's day - you definitely deserved every second of it. Can't wait to see pics of your kitchen. Travertine... sigh...
glad you had a great mother's day. and if you need an outlet to talk about the mess of construction i'm here for you...hopefully yours will get done quicker then ours is taking.
Post a Comment
<< Home