What in the world were we thinking??
It is quite possible that we have lost the last shred of sanity we had left. Or I suppose that Phillip and I are both just suckers for a certain little boy and the smile that spreads across his face and lights up his eyes when he's excited.Jack is going to be so very happy on his birthday, but in the meantime he is going to have to put up with two extremely stressed, very sore, more than a little tired and (hopefully) only slightly grouchy parents.
We began unpacking the 5 boxes containing his new outdoor playset at around 4:00 yesterday afternoon. What you see here is only about a third of the lumber and hardware. Can you say overwhelming? All I can say is thank goodness we have a carport!
After taking quite some time to unpack the boxes, marvel at the novel of an instruction manual and sort, measure and count all the pieces, Phillip and I (mostly Phillip) still put in several hours of work assembling part of the actual structure. And at 11:00 last night, here is the amazing amount of work we had accomplished.
Maybe we'll have it assembled by the time Jack turns 4. Sheesh.
4 Comments:
I think you can, I think you can, I think you can!! You guys hang in there...it will be worth it when Jack gets to slide & swing for the very first time on his own swing set!! Good Luck & we can't wait for many great play dates to come...
Yeah those things are no fun...my parent paid someone $400 to put the one in their backyard together and from what I hear it was worth EVERY PENNY
Woah Nelly!!! We've been thinking about getting T$ a playground for her 3rd birthday, but now... Maybe the grandfathers can be bribed to put it together.
Good luck...I know Jack will enjoy it!
All i can say is....
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
And Christy wonders why I bought a house with a steeply sloped backyard that can't hold one of those things. I'm no dummy.
Good luck my friends.
Post a Comment
<< Home