Wednesday, April 26, 2006

GAUDYLICIOUS.

















My new sunglasses are So Gaudy. (How-Gaudy-ARE-they?!) They are So Gaudy that it almost embarrasses me, the Queen of wearing things most people I know would not, to wear them. Now, that's gaudy. (And they are way bigger than they look in the photo. Nicole Richie's bug eyes ain't got nothin' on mine. I think I captured the insect look nicely here, huh?)

I picked these babies up last night for $5 at Party City while shopping for Jack's birthday goods. I know, I know, purchasing sunglasses at a store whose name contains the word "Party" is probably a good indicator that there will be an extreme gaudiness factor. However, they are Dr. Peepers - and I fell in love with Dr. Peepers about six months ago when I got my first pair in a little tourist trap downtown.

It's funny because on both purchasing occasions, the salesperson said the exact same thing to me - "Wow. Those are SO YOU!". Now, since neither of these people knows me personally, I am not sure if that means I just exude Elton John On Crack or that I have a face funny enough to pull them off or what. But I will take it. Because I love gaudy sunglasses and, whatever the reason, I am very glad that they are SO ME!

Edited to Add: Apparently Jack is also channeling Elton John. After his nap this afternoon, he discovered a new use for Mommy's sunglasses - A flashy Bowtie!

4 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

I am LOL!!!! That doesn't even LOOK like you! I love them, though! You are too much!

10:18 AM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phillip & I both died laughing last night when we saw this entry...we agree with Raven-it doesn't look like you! See you Saturday!

10:21 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

I really think you need to post a picture with YOU wearing those gaudylicious specs! Grrrrrrrr!

I'm going to hold you to that coffee date!

9:29 AM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Mary Alice said...

GIRLS!!!! It's me! I promise. I do have the capacity to be sassy every now and again. =)

9:37 AM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home