Skinned Knees, Sweetness and Somersaults
It finally happened. A milestone that I wish could have just passed right by us without leaving its mark. Last night on our walk around the neighborhood, Jack got what I would label his first Real Skinned Knee. Actally, he got two of them. He's scraped them before, but this actually produced a fair amount of blood and even more tears. Sweet thing got right back up and started walking again, though. Only stopping occasionally to rub his knees and smear the blood with his dirty little hands. Bless his heart. I couldn't get a decent shot of the knees last night, so I waited until he got still on the couch today and snapped away.And while I was snapping, I noticed this. Isn't this the sweetest thing you have ever seen? Look at those chunky toes! And those precious hands. I could eat this child up. I know he gets tired of being hugged and kissed on all day. He gets it non-stop. Sometimes he looks at me as if to say, "Seriously, Mom - ENOUGH KISSES!". But I can not help myself. He is just that sweet. (Plus, I am storing up for when he is thirteen and won't let me come within a ten foot radius of him.)

And now, he has a new thing. He has suddenly become a real daredevil. The child who a month ago showed absolutely no interest in climbing, is now a regular little monkey. I can no longer leave him calmly sitting on the couch watching a video (or a Yo, as he calls it). Because once my back is turned, he is doing somersaults on (and off) the couch!

I know this looks funny, but let me tell you, it can be terrifying! Shortly after I snapped this photo, he went for a flip and rolled right off the couch. Lucky for him (and me!) there were pillows all around on the floor to break his fall. He laughed it off like it was the funniest thing in the world and crawled right back up to try again! We spent the majority of the afternoon with me sitting on the floor, back to the couch, and Jack flipping over my shoulders onto a pile of pillows - over and over and over and over and over. Until we both couldn't breathe.
Wow. Each new stage is more exciting than the last. And more fun. And definitely more accident-friendly. Lord help us, we've only just begun!












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home