Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Even Superman Needs To Take a Break Every Now And Then.

Saving the World from the clutches of Evil is a really hard job, so relaxing with a good book is a nice way to unwind and take some of the pressure off.

That's why we decided to give our little Superhero his very own Book Nook. His own spot to chill out in his room with favorites like Goodnight Moon, Flush the Potty, I Love You Stinky Face, and Kiss Goodnight.
(And yes, our Man of Steel is wearing a cape, it's just hard to see because it matches the chair!)


We've had the bookcase to match his dresser and bedside table for months, but I have been procrastinating painting it - plus, moving the bookcase in meant moving the rocking chair out. Which can only mean ONE THING. Jack now officially has a Big Boy Room. I held on to the rocking chair as long as I could, but it was time.

So, last weekend I drug out the paint and got to work. And I finally hung up his "Play" canvas, which was a Christmas gift last year. And here is the result:


Jack now has a place to house his complete set of "Sweet Pickles" books, given to him by Buddy and DeeDee for Christmas year before last. They are finally out of the box! I wish I could say that they, along with the rest of the books, stayed nice and neat like you see here, but as I write this, they are in the floor - where Jack obviously prefers them!

So, for posterity, here is his Boy Boy Room from a couple of other angles:

Our next step is the toddler bed. Am I supposed to be ready for this????

4 Comments:

Blogger It's a Mom Thing said...

jack has THE coolest big boy room! you're so good with colors and decorations. (do you hire out???)

who knew superman liked to read so much!

10:25 AM, April 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We hope to come play in that big boy room soon-like tomorrow! I know Jake misses Jack-it's been way too long!! We miss you guys!

7:37 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Love the "God is watching over me..." quote. Did you do that yourself? Maybe your big boy can come over and play with my big girl sometime. She has quite an affection for books as well! Thanks for your email this morning. Welcome home!

8:09 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Jana said...

Yes, you can do the toddler bed, MA! It's so much easier on your back!

2:16 AM, April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home