Monday, August 29, 2005

One Week From Today...

...this handsome gentleman and I will be in Memphis, Tennessee. "Going to Graceland?", you ask. Well, perhaps, if there's time. However, I have a feeling that we will be way too busy to spend much time in Elvis' Jungle Room.

On September 5, 2005, Phillip Duncan will - Lord willing -be auditioning for American Idol! Yes, we are going! This is Phillip's last year of eligibility, so we figured, "WHY NOT??!" Far too many people have encouraged him to give it a shot, so we just feel like this is our year to GO!

We are so excited. Just to be there. To maybe, just maybe, be on TV for a split second. To maybe get an audition with the Triumvirate. To definitely meet some interesting people. And to hopefully meet Ryan Seacrest. (OK, so I am the only one who cares about meeting Ryan Seacrest.) But, seriously - Just to be there. To be a number in the phenomenon. To go for that yellow ticket and to hear Randy say, "Welcome to Hollywood, Dawg!" Wow.

Of course, I have always thought that Phillip was considerably more talented than anyone I have ever seen on the show. Yes, even Clay Aiken. I mean, Phillip has got PIPES! He was "auditioning" for me yesterday, and I was completely blown away by the amount of talent he carries around inside of him every day. Sometimes I forget just how gifted he is. It's amazing. And humbling. If you have ever heard him sing, then you know what I mean. I believe in my heart that he has everything it takes to be the next American Idol, but I am trying not to get too wound up about it. We are keenly aware that these people are Television Producers and they are looking for a certain type of person to join the "cast" each year - and we have no way of knowing whether or not Phillip will be that "type" or not. I guess we'll soon see!

So, please be praying for us this week as we prepare for our trip. It will be very difficult to be away from Jack for a couple of days, and depending on whether or not Phillip even gets an audition on Monday, we may have to stay in Memphis an extra day or two. And oh, the standing in line...I don't even like standing in line at the grocery store! We covet your prayers, that God's will would be done- regardless.

So to paraphrase Ryan Seacrest..."Duncan - OUT."


*photo credit goes to the lovely and talented Amanda Paredes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oooooh, exciting! If he makes it big, we'll be able to say, "We knew P-Du when... He even sang at our wedding!" Prayers are going up -- and I'm hitting my knees for you. As a fellow crowd-a-phobe, I can honestly feel your anxiety! Can't wait for the Blogs when you return! Best wishes!!

12:54 PM, August 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember us when you are famous & are going on fabulous vacations....Jack will always need a friend to play with & we'd gladly go with you guys!!!

I can't wait to hear what happens....call us & let us know!
Good Luck....
Love~Jenni

2:50 PM, August 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whether it works out or not, he'll be the most talented individual in Memphis...and the two of you together will be the prettiest pair, there, too. Whatever the Lord has in store. Wish I could keep Jack!

5:27 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Raven said...

Thank GOODNESS the news is out... I've been dying to tell everyone I know!!! :)

You know I am his biggest fan & I cannot wait to hear what happens!!!

GO PHILLIP! :)

6:26 AM, August 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home