Pimp My High Chair
Well, we finally broke down and did it. We purchased a new high chair. Jack has been using his daddy's "vintage" wooden high chair since he was old enough to use one, but he was just getting too big for it. Plus, it was just so hard to keep clean. We love that chair, and it still keeps its sentimental place in our dining room, but steps had to be taken in the high chair department. I am not sure if there is much logic in buying a new tricked-out chair for a 15 month old, but we did it anyway. And he loves it. Can you tell? (That may be a smirk, but I am pretending it is the, "Check me out - I'm blingin'!" face.)This thing is Nice. I mean Swanky. It has 3 removable trays - all dishwasher safe! -a bib basket, a removable toy bar, it adjusts to differnt heights and it reclines!
Not only is Jack enjoying his meals here, but he is also comfy enough to sit in it for a Baby Einstein video or the occasional episode of the Teletubbies. (Oh yes, they fascinate him. Much to my chagrin.)
On another note, I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. So many things are happening so fast now - and I want so badly to document it all here - but as you can imagine, my free time is dwindling! I want to capture every single word, expression and adorable antic that Jack performs, but there simply isn't time in the day anymore. So...I will just have to do the best I can, capture what I can. Describe it as best as I can. In as timely a fashion as I can. I am not necessarily happy with that, but I will just have to deal with it! So, please don't stop checking in if I haven't posted for a couple of days. Blogging is a high priority for me, and I will always sit down to share Jack with all of you, just as quickly and as often as I can.
And speaking of Jack, he is just Amazing. Perfect. Adorable. Fantastic. Smart. Hysterical. But you knew that, right? He is running now (falling, too), and he is talking more and more. "NO!", followed by a sly grin has become one of his new favorite words. I must admit, it's hard not to crack up. He is also fascinated by his own tongue - he loves to stick it out, pull on it, lick things and just roll it around in his mouth experimenting with sounds.
And he is USING SIGN LANGUAGE! I was absolutely shocked the first time he signed "Eat" when I asked him if he was hungry. I think I screamed and praised him so loudly that the whole neighborhood heard! He also knows the sign for "Done", which he uses frequently at the end of meals, as well as when he is tired of doing something. We are really communicating!! It is truly unbelieveable that my little 15 month old knows nearly as much sign language as I do. Wow.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. So stop back by in a day or two for the rest of it!












2 Comments:
Love it -- that smirk is SO Phillip! Oh, and I'm still trying to come up with 100 interesting things about myself! :o)
MaryAlice,
Just found this website you had sent me--I had printed it off and stuck in a pile (weeks ago...you know how that goes!)
How real and honest you are. So good to see into your heart.
I will revisit again. It is so encouraging.
MaryAnn
Post a Comment
<< Home