Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Pure Energy

That's my little boy in a nutshell.

We are both sick with colds, he has stuff pouring out of his nose, and yet he manages not only to smile and giggle, but to play and dance and run and sing and use sign language to communicate his needs and learn new words and just be all around fabulous. All the while, I am sniffling on the couch in my jammies with no make-up and dear-Lord-please-don't let-anyone-just-drop-in-today bed hair.

I love this little boy so much I can't even figure out how to say it, although I feel like I could fill a library with books full of reasons of why and how much I love him. But writing it down sometimes just sounds cheesy and Hallmark-y. I guess sometimes it's better to convey feeling in a few words rather than many, so I will just say that I LOVE JACK SO MUCH I CAN SCARCELY BREATHE. But not breathing in this case is not a bad thing.

He is so darn cute. And so darn funny. Just today, he was watching a Baby Einstein video during lunch and he all of a sudden said, "yeddo!". I said, "That's right, buddy...yeddo...", without ever looking away from him to the screen. Then, persistent child that he is, he pointed up at the TV saying, "Yeddo. Yeddo. YEDDO!" I turned my gaze to the TV, where I discovered that Vincent Van Goat was just teaching his segment on the color YELLOW. I freaked out, as I normally do when he does something fantastic like that, and was jumping up and down clapping saying YELLOW over and over! He just grinned, (he knows when he has done something spectacular) but needless to say, the word of the day - for the rest of the day - has been YEDDO.

And "Dawg", of course. I bought him a book tonight with nothing but Dogs in it, so he has basically been chanting, "Dawg. Dawg. Doawg. Doooaaawwwg" since I gave it to him. There is just no way to write it the way his says it. It never ceases to crack me up.

His sign language repetoire is growing also....He now knows "Thank You", although he is not totally confident using it yet. But we're getting there.

And for those of you keeping up with Tooth Watch 2005, I have news!! Tooth #6 is here! He is now no longer lopsided up top. He still only has two teeth on the bottom, but somehow still managed to scarf down an entire corn dog and small order of tots from Sonic tonight. And half a small Cherry Limeade. Wow.

So, there's the Jack update for those of you who haven't lost faith that I would eventually start posting again...There is so much new every day it's hard to condense it all here. I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of our little doll hiding behind the den curtains. He does this a couple of times a day, at least. He loves to get all tangled up in them and "hide". I pretend that I can't see him, of course, and eventually he will pop out - and flash that magical grin of his. I LOVE IT! Enjoy!












































2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry you are both sick. hope you feel better soon, and that what is coming out of your noses is not yeddo.

6:47 PM, August 25, 2005  
Blogger Heather said...

Ha! Those pictures remind me of looking for the ghost in "Three Men and a Baby"! :o)

9:16 AM, August 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home