Friday, August 26, 2005

Good Friends & Good Times

One week ago today (Yes, I am a bit behind - I have already explained myself.) my sweet friend and fellow blogger, Raven, came into town for a wedding, and fortunately was able to carve out some time to come over and hang out with me and a couple of our old co-workers from Aegis. Raven is just the best. She is such a neat person. I love her laugh. And her smile. She and I only worked together a little over a month before she moved away to Knoxville, (so hard to believe it wasn't longer!) but I know that in her, I have a friend for life! I was so happy that she was finally able to meet Jack for the first time. He loved her, can you tell?


And I am fairly confident that she loved him too! Raven has two beautiful kids - Parker and Mary-Kate, but unfortunately they did not get to accompany their mom on this particular trip. It's been nearly two years (I think!) since I've seen Parker, and I haven't even met Mary-Kate yet. Hopefully soon, though, because she is most definitely in the Future-Mrs.-Jack-Duncan race!

Deanna, a dear friend who hired both Raven and me, came over also with her daughter Kate, another contender in the race mentioned above. As you can see here, Jack is making sure that Kate knows to say, "Ahhhhhhhhh!" after she finishes her drink!

Lindsey also dropped by for a while. She is due with Baby Boy #1 very soon! Lindsey was the very first person who found out that we were having Jack. We were going to wait to tell, but I think Lindsey just knew, so when she asked - I spilled the beans! She is going to be such a wonderful mom.

I am so thankful for these three beautiful and kind women, and their precious children. And I am very grateful that the Good Lord continues to bind us together, even though we don't spend eight hours a day together in the same office anymore!


1 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

You are too, too sweet. It was so wonderful to see you - I wish it could be a weekly occurrence. Maybe one day again soon...

Thanks so much for having me over. Give that little cutie pie a big SMOOCH from Auntie Raven. :)

6:27 AM, August 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home