100 More for the 100th Post!
And since I am a sucker for anniversaries and look for any reason to celebrate an occasion, I have decided to do something special, yet un-original, for my 100th Post. (100 posts! Yay!!)
I really appreciated everyone's comments and was actually astonished by the number of emails I received from folks regarding my previous "100" List, especially those encouraging me to make another list. Am I really that funny? Or perhaps it's just that my little admittances of crazy make you feel more normal. Hmmm? Is that it?
Nevertheless, I personally found the compilation of the List to be a very self-actualizing exercise, so I have decided to compose Volume 2. The only other bit of business here is to encourage each of you reading, especially those of you blogging, to create your own lists. And be sure you share them with me!
And now, without further ado, I present the "100 MORE Random Things You May Not Know About Me" List:
- I was baptized when I was 19 by a college professor, who was also a minister.
- I had already been baptized, via sprinkling, when I was 12 but decided that perhaps I was a tad too young to have really understood what I was doing the first time.
- No, I don't believe you have to be immersed to get into heaven.
- CK One is my scent of choice, and has beeen since the day it was released back in 1994.
- I was Drum Major of the High School Marching Band for three years.
- I also played flute and piccolo in the band from 5th-12th grade.
- I sold my flute at a Pawn Shop during our first year of marriage to help pay bills.
- I don't like crowds.
- I am not very athletic, although I'd like to be.
- I took dance - tap, jazz and ballet - for four years as a child.
- I am rather fond of sparkly, somewhat gaudy jewelry.
- I love the smell of live Christmas trees.
- Christmas is my second favorite holiday.
- I have a large collection of Longaberger baskets.
- I am trying to unload many of them on ebay at the moment.
- And speaking of ebay - I LOVE IT.
- A guy friend in college once told me that I had a "Mathematically Perfect" face.
- He was a math genius, and I think, (although I will never be totally convinced) attempting a compliment.
- I love to sing loudly and dance around when I am by myself.
- A hairbrush is typically my microphone of choice, although my thumb will do in a pinch.
- The only celebrity I would ever care to meet is Johnny Depp.
- I have always wanted to be shorter.
- I never made below an A on a report card until my first semester in college.
- The particular B in this instance was on an exam, but I cried anyway.
- I was never interested in pursuing a Master's Degree.
- My first job out of college was as a receptionist at a Banking Software Company.
- I then went on to work for the YMCA in the inner-city with underpriveliged kids.
- Then I worked in a photography studio.
- And then at Aegis, a Marketing Company.
- And now, I am home every day with Jack and I have never worked harder.
- And I have never been happier.
- I love to watch movies at home.
- But I am not particularly fond of actually going to the movies.
- Phillip and I went to the IMAX once and I nearly hyperventilated because the scale of the room was so overwhelming to me.
- I am claustrophobic.
- Apparently, I don't like large rooms either.
- I am afraid of heights.
- My favorite single flavor or smell in the world is Cherry - candy, soda, pop-tarts, candles...anything.
- I am currently drinking a Jones Sugar-Free Black Cherry Soda. Yum.
- I want to learn to be more intuitive of people's needs.
- I am afraid of failing those I care about.
- In High School, my hair was HUGE.
- I'm talking waist length perm with bangs that stuck up at least six inches off my head.
- My friend Rachel and I used to measure our bangs in the bathroom with a ruler, just to be sure.
- My hair was so big that it didn't completely fit into my Senior portrait. That's BIG.
- I had my first kiss when I was 13.
- Never fear, it was very G rated.
- That particular young man and his parents photographed my wedding.
- Yes, I know that's weird.
- I once camped out all night for Pearl Jam tickets.
- And at the concert, some guy threw up all over my favorite shoes.
- I went through a major grunge phase during my Sophomore year of college.
- My first pet was a hamster named Trapper.
- My second pet was a Shih-Tzu named Mac.
- I got Mac in the 2nd grade and he died of bladder cancer during my Freshman year of college.
- I met Sarah McLachlan once at a Tower Records In-Store Performance and also got her autograph.
- I have never smoked, but love the smell of a Clove cigarette.
- I have never taken illicit drugs.
- But I do take a Benadryl every night before bed!
- My favorite men's cologne is Stetson.
- At Starbucks, I always order a Tall White Chocolate Mocha.
- Unless it's really hot outside in which case I order a Mocha Frappuccino.
- I am naturally a brunette, but in college I was a redhead for a couple of years thanks to L'Oreal.
- Lately I have been considering going red again.
- I truly enjoy housecleaning, if I can set aside time to do it with no distractions.
- I learned that there was no Santa Claus in the 2nd grade from a boy named Shane.
- I, along with a group of friends, learned about the Birds & the Bees from Shane. Also In the 2nd grade.
- I am sure it would not surprise you to learn that Shane had older brothers.
- I am very glad I went to my 10 year High School reunion.
- I was chosen as one of the "Most Changed".
- Considering the monstrous hair I mentioned earlier, I took that as a true compliment.
- Every time I see Oprah on TV, I cry.
- I once came face to face with Oprah at the Green Hills movie theater and all I could think of to say was, "Hi, Oprah!".
- She said, "Hi" back.
- Then I cried and nearly fainted.
- I can cry at the drop of a hat.
- I love going to concerts.
- I have seen Bon Jovi a couple of times.
- I have also seen Culture Club, N*Sync, and Better Than Ezra.
- Also REM, Sarah McLachlan, Skid Row, Wilson Phillips, Richard Marx, Fleming & John, Jars of Clay, James Taylor, Boys II Men, Destiny's Child, Trent Dabbs, Hootie & The Blowfish, They Might Be Giants, Pearl Jam, Soul Coughing, The Human League, Howard Jones, No Doubt, Celine Dion, The Cure, Simon & Garfunkel, Harry Connick Jr., and Michael Buble'.
- There are many more, but that's all I can think of at this late hour.
- I pledged a social club during my sophomore year of college.
- I sometimes (convincingly) dress up like Robert Smith - lead singer of the Cure - for Halloween.
- I love broccoli.
- I also love cauliflower.
- I do not like brussel sprouts.
- Phillip and I had our first "real" date at the Macaroni Grill in Cool Springs.
- Phillip proposed to me inside the bell tower on Lipscomb's campus at midnight on New Year's Eve 1997.
- I did not like Napoleon Dynamite the first time I watched it.
- But I love it now. Gosh!
- I am pro-life.
- I am pretty good at racing cars on the PlayStation 2.
- My dream house would be a Victorian Farmhouse circa late 1800's, on a couple of acres.
- I collect Depression era Milk Glass.
- I have over 200 beanie babies in a plastic tub in my storage room.
- My Barbie Dreamhouse, complete with all the furniture, 2 cars and 26 dolls is in the storage room also.
- As a little girl, I met Tom Wopat (aka Luke Duke) at Wal-Mart and got his autograph.
- I was not that excited at the time, because I totally loved Bo - not Luke.
- I sometimes get caught up in securing material possessions.
- I sometimes feel like I need to sell everything I have and give the money to those less fortunate.
And there it is. The 2nd List. You now know 200 more things about me than you knew before. And strangely enough, I feel like I know myself better, too. I think if I had written everything down that came to mind, you'd be looking at a list of 5oo things, at least.
So, make your list. And let me know about it. Post it in my comments section for all to see. Or email it to me. The address is to the right.
Goodnight, everyone. My brain is tired!












3 Comments:
I love it!!! Those are so great, and you really ARE so funny & I love learning more about you.
Okay, I'm going to try to do my own list now... but it may take me awhile... :)
OH MY GOSH! Such a fabulous list! I linked to it off of Raven's and related to so many things...where is your first list?? I will have to go back through and read it!
welcome to my blog, shannon!
i went back and created a link to my first List for you. Hope you enjoy it!
Post a Comment
<< Home