Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hand-Picked

Early this evening, Phillip and Jack went for a stroll up and down our street. I walked outside to let them know that dinner was ready, and Jack came bounding up the driveway towards me. He held out his sweet little hand while exclaiming, "Mommy, Mommy, I haff it!!" (which, in Jackanese, means, "Mommy, Mommy, you can have it!".) He handed me this buttercup and said, "I luff you Mommy."

May I just say that this is, and will always be, my favorite buttercup ever? And that the little boy who gave it to me holds my heart in his tiny hands? And that the wonderful man who models this kind of thoughtful behavior for that little boy is my prince charming?

Thank you Jack and thank you Phillip for hand-picking a flower for me. And thank you God for hand-picking these two to be mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

That is so sweet!!! I'm going to remind you of that in his teenage years when he is driving you up the wall:)

CALL ME--I want you guys to come over next week during 'Spring Break'. That's the only time our boys aren't on opposite schedules

7:17 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger Christy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:22 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger The Blankinships said...

you are such a beautiful writer, and i'm sitting here wiping away tears. how precious!

12:57 PM, March 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home