He Just Keeps Breaking My Heart...In A Good Way.
Just a few minutes ago, I finally got him settled into his bed for a nap. I literally had to drag him kicking and screaming, but the minute his head hit the pillow, his beautiful brown eyes started getting heavy. I lay there with him for a few minutes, watching him get more and more sleepy and just letting him talk to me. I didn't say much today, just listened. And what I heard humbled me and made me want to be a better Mommy than I have been so far today.
Jack: Mommy has on two eyes. Mommy has on one nose. Mommy hair onna head. (Runs fingers through my hair.) Beautiful and soft. So soft. It's OK, Mommy. Mommy has on two ears. Mommy has a arm. Mommy sugar?
Me: Sure, buddy. Mommy will give you a sugar. (Proceed to give sugar.)
Jack: Mommy is my best friend effer...Mommy is my best friend.
Lord, please help me to be the Mommy I want to be, the Mommy You want me to be and the Mommy Jack needs me to be! I ask You for strength on days like this when I am sick and tired and for extra patience when my patience is worn thin. I ask You for joy and peace when my bucket is empty and for grace when I get it all wrong. Thank You for filling in all my gaps and somehow allowing my little boy to see a Best Friend in his tired & grouchy Mommy. Thank you, thank you, thank you. In Jesus' name, Amen.












2 Comments:
Sweet times! I can't wait until Em is in her big girl bed and we can lie down and have good-night talks together!
Amen to that prayer!! I need to pray it daily:) You're not the only impatient mommy out there.
Post a Comment
<< Home