HALLELUJAH!!!
I am thrilled to announce to you that there is a new Duncan!
Aidyn Landreth is 6, almost 7 months old with a January 9 birth date (that makes THREE January birthdays now for the Duncans). We suspect, but are not sure, that she is in the Jiangxi province in a place called Tonggu.
The story is pretty surreal. I had just pulled into the neighborhood onmy way home from work on 8/1/06. Marsha and Spencer were at the pool so I joined them there. Upon my arrival, Marsha went to the parking lot to help Anna load up Winston. As I sat there next to the kiddie pool watching Spencer flop about, I distinctly heard the sound of the Hallelujah Chorus. This is the special ringtone I designated for our adoption agency. I sprang up from my chair and answered. It was about 5:40.
We only talked for a second. Long enough for her to tell me she had news and she had a photo. I asked her to call us back at the house in 20 minutes and then frantically collected Spencer and the pool things (I had to have someone come help me get Spence out of the water as I couldn't go in after him, his mother was still in the parking lot and he DID NOT want to leave) and dashed home. Shortly thereafter, we heard from Barbara. She doesn't have much info yet, but we do know Aidyn exists and that will do for now. We'll get more info in the next few days.
Here she is. We are elated. Praise God and Hallelujah, our daughter is coming home.
You can see our sweet neice's picture and read all about her journey home here!












1 Comments:
SO THRILLING! Congratulations to Jeremy, Marsha, and Spencer!
Post a Comment
<< Home