Greeting and Salutations From Athens!
Here is my little booger, hanging out at the Parthenon, same day as my previous post. That place is massive!

If this photo had sound attached, you would hear Jack saying, "Yanin, Mommy! Yanin!" which means, "Lion, Mommy! Lion!" I just don't have the heart to tell him that those creatures up on the roof are Gargoyles, not a replica of his good buddy Simba.He loves looking up at all the carvings and the tilework under the eaves. He seems just as fascinated as I am by the majesty of the structure. And he really likes climbing all the steps and hiding from Mommy behind the huge columns!
And this photo totally cracks me up...I can see it on campaign posters now.

And there you have it, two proud Nashville natives enjoying one of the city's most distinctly Nashville landmarks! Here's to the Parthenon - and here's to the Athens of the South!














0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home