Monday, July 17, 2006

Apologies

I want to apologize to those of you who are kind enough to check in on us frequently via the blog. I have done a miserable job of updating lately. Blogging has just had to take a backseat to Life.

Life as we know it has been moving ahead fast and furious and at times we have found ourselves just hanging on for dear life. As many of you know, Jack and I recently spent a week in Fairhope at Phillip's parents house. Two days after we returned home, we received a call that Phillip's dad (known around here as GrandBuddy) was in the hospital undergoing tests for some minor chest pain. Less than 24 hours after that, he went into heart failure in the hospital (Thank God he wasn't at home!) and underwent emergency quadruple bypass surgery. Phillip spent four quick days in Fairhope with his parents and brother, while Jack and I held down the fort up here. The outlook is good for Buddy now, although we had some very scary moments. Thank you to all of you who were praying. I am sure I will write more about this in the future, but right now it's still a little fresh and quite frightening to think about too much.

Oh, and we wrecked our car. The Maxima. Yeah, we did. I'll be nice and not tell you which one of us did it. It wasn't pretty, although the little baby blue Dodge Caliber I've been tooling around town in certainly is! What a happy, fun, summery car.Thank you, insurance company.

On top of that, I am trying my best to keep Mr. Busy happy by taking daily trips to the park and playing with lots of trains. His Big Thing right now is feeding the ducks, which he asks to do almost 100 times a day. So, we have been going through lots of bread and cereal on behalf of our feathered friends. Also, the toddler park has ceased to be enough for Jack. He is becoming more and more adventurous so the BIG SLIDE is what he wants!

Whew. So, I apologize again. I hope to get a few posts up in the next couple of days because I have some darling pictures to share. And I still have to write about Spencer's birthday and our trip to Paradise with our dear friends The Parkers. And I will get to it all. So keep checking in. Because Life keeps happening. And I plan to tell you all about it....eventually.

3 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

Well I'm very glad to have you back - I was worried about you! So sorry to hear about Phillip's dad, but what a blessing that he was in the hospital when it happened... and sounds like everything turned out well. Life does get back to normal afterwards, believe me. :) Will keep you guys in our prayers.

8:02 AM, July 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give you a pass on the infrequency of updating, since I was kind of "out of it" for most of that time, anyway. Tell Jack his 'Buddy wouldn't take $10,000 for the week we were able to spend with you guys, just prior to the "recent unpleasantness." Now, I'm just going to have trouble being patient enough to get through all this. I have to wait FOUR WEEKS to start cardiac rehab, to allow the breastbone to heal (OK, I'm actually all for that thing healing!! Coughing is a ***.) Looking forward to when we can be together, again! God bless

2:30 PM, July 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you MayMay! I hope everyone is ok from the car accident! Hope to see you soon! Much love from Kentucky!

8:17 AM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home