Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Recovering From A Sucker Punch

Holy Moly. Just when I thought I was at a place where I could start blogging again we got knocked out by the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad stomach virus that has been going around.

Oh.My.Goodness.

Jack went down first, then me, then Phillip, then my parents (who rescued Jack from us once he was better). Never, never, never have we been so sick. I'll spare you the details, but for about a week, it was BAD. Like, let's call someone in to fumigate the house BAD. Let's throw all the furniture and rugs out and all start over BAD. Whew.

As we have begun to get our strength back, we have been getting out of the house more. Jack and I have been spending a lot of time at the park. A couple hours a day. He just loves the slides. We started out at the Toddler Park, but that has ceased to be enough of a thrill. We have graduated to the Big Kid Park and I promise you, he can hold his own with kids three times his age. And boy, can he climb! And he wants to do it all by himself. He's fearless now - which is new - because up until now he's always been such a hesitant child. So, here he is, owning the Big Kid Slide:






"AWWWWWWWWWWW - FUUUMMMMMMMMM!!" This is, of course, Jackanese for "Awesome!" and is Jack's typical exclamation at the bottom of each descent. And Awesome is exactly what he is.

2 Comments:

Blogger It's a Mom Thing said...

Woah...that does look awfum! Glad y'all are ok. I was wondering where you've been.

8:28 AM, August 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everyone has recovered. I think all three of you are awfum.

1:43 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home