Hey! I Think I Found Nemo!!!!!
So, I had planned to first write about our Grown-Ups Only Weekend, then Spencer's birthday party and finally about our trip to the fabulous Georgia Aquarium. But of course, since my Writing Mojo seems to be all out of whack, I will be starting off this series of stories with our trip to see the "Pish"! (Something about this set of photos is inspiring to me.)The weekend of June 10th, we travelled to Atlanta for Cousin Spencer's second birthday party. The party was scheduled for early Saturday morning, so we decided to just make a day of it and get reservations for the whole family to go to the Aquarium later in the evening. So, we relaxed most of the afternoon after the party before heading downtown around 5:00. Buddy, DeeDee, Uncle Jeremy, Aunt Marsha, Spencer, Phillip, Jack and myself were all quite excited.
And we were certainly not disappointed. This place is all it is billed to be. The tanks are incredible and, in fact, quite overwhelming. The scope of the place is amazing. I heard one of the employees there say that the tank holding the whale sharks (the largest fish in the world) is the largest tank in the world, with the second largest viewing window (the largest window is in Japan and is only two inches bigger). And speaking of that second largest window, here is part of it, complete with an 18 foot whale shark and lots of rays.

Jack was AMAZED. (We all were!) I am not sure he quite knew what to make of all the fish, especially being so up-close-and-personal with them. I can't wait to take him back when he is a little older, to watch the excitement and wonder on his face when he really understands the awesomeness of what he is seeing.
I'll be back later on with more photos from our under-the-sea-adventure!












1 Comments:
I'm dying to go there! Looks amazing!
Post a Comment
<< Home