Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Girls

I have been having some major problems with Blogger as of late, and have found it frustrating and quite impossible to upload all the Birthday Photos at once. Things seem to be fixed now, but in the meantime I wanted to share this photo, which has quickly become a favorite of mine. I can't help but smile when I look at it. It was taken at Miss Ava Parker's fabulous 1st Birthday party this past weekend. (I should give photo credit to Delia's Dad - Thanks, Daddy Banks!)

I love these two girls. They are precious to me. Aren't they BEAUTIFUL?!

Heather, the gorgeous redhead on the left, is just so darn spunky. She has a fieriness that I love. She has a sense of humor that won't quit. She is REAL. And she is a terrific mom. A year ago, she and I sat with our husbands and her little Emmy in the waiting room at Centennial Medical Center waiting for little Miss Ava to arrive and watching American Idol. People are always telling me that Heather and I are a lot alike and that we should hang out more. I take that as a real compliment and I am looking forward to doing just that - FINALLY!

On the right is the incomparable Delia. What can I say about her? She is kind of like my emotional right arm. I love that girl so much. No one can make me feel good about myself faster than she can. She has loved me through some hard times - and even times when I didn't deserve her friendship, she was still there - praying and waiting on me with arms outstretched. She is gorgeous, kind, warm, giving - and also an incredible mom to the aforementioned Ava. Delia's friendship is truly one of my life's richest treasures. (As a side note, Delia and her husband Craig sort of came as a package deal when I married Phillip - they all grew up together in Birmingham where Phillip actually took Delia on a date to a hayride. Thankfully, when Phillip triedto hold her hand, he fell off the trailer which helped confirm the fact that Delia did and would always love Craig. I love that story!)

And there I am in the middle, so blessed to have these two women by my side. I am so grateful that God has graced my life with these and several other women whom I cherish beyond words.

"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." - Galatians 6:2

2 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

Oh my gosh. I love your writing. And this photo is gorgeous. MWAH!

1:53 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Lord have, MA! My hair looks absolutely atrocious in that photo! Nonetheless, I am moved to sniffles by your sweet words. I am so looking forward spending more time with you -- at LG and beyond. Still waiting on that coffee date (wink, wink; nudge, nudge!)...

2:28 PM, May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home