Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Full Steam Ahead!

Check out Jack's cool new Kicks! They have flashing red lights on the heel and flashing blue lights between the engines. I remember a conversation I had several months ago with Jenni in Stride-Rite about how we both disliked light-up shoes and right then I promised myself that I would never buy him any, but these were just so stinkin' cute and he loved them so much. He has been StompStompStomping around here all morning, just giggling at his flashy feet!

Phillip's parents (better known as Buddy and DeeDee) came up to visit us this weekend. We ran over to Wal-Mart after church on Sunday to kill time before meeting family for lunch. We hit the shoe department because Jack was beginning to tug on his shoes and whimper while trying to get them off. It was obviously time for a new pair. Well, thanks to Buddy and DeeDee, Jack now has this precious pair of Thomas tennis shoes, a pair of brown leather dress shoes and an adorable pair of casual brown suede slip-ons with Elmo (Melmo) Cookie Monster (Tootie) on the side.

Thanks for the shoes, Buddy and DeeDee - I am sure they will provide many miles of enjoyment!

Oh, and does anybody know how long before the battery runs out on these things?!

4 Comments:

Blogger TheGlissonFamily said...

I can't believe how big Jack is getting! He's definitely a big boy now. We look forward to seeing you guys soon!
Rebekah

11:13 AM, February 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying...I can't believe you've entered the "flashing shoe" world!!
Just kidding...they are cute & I bet Jack really loves them...can't wait to see you tomorrow!

4:24 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Raven said...

I think the battery lasts longer than their little feet do - they will grow out of them before the lights stop, I believe! :) I always swore against light-up shoes but Parker absolutely LOVES them, too...

5:46 AM, March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I' with Raven...I think the batteries hold out through the third kid the shoes are handed down to. Long as he enjoys 'em, I don't think anyone is hurt. He surely looks cute in them (or in anything!)

6:23 PM, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home