Friday, February 24, 2006

No Mommy Required

I can not believe how fast this growing up thing is happening. And I am so not ready.

This past Wednesday, my mom and I took Jack to see Miss Eve for his fourth hair cut. He was seriously overdue, as the last time we took him was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. His hair was way too long and I was actually beginning to feel like a neglectful mom looking at that shaggy mop!

Jack was still feeling pretty rotten from his cold, so mom and I did not have high hopes for this hair cut. If you remember, the first two appointments went flawlessly, but the last one was not as great. With him being sick, I just knew we would be in for a bit of a fuss.

HOWEVER, I was wrong. Oh, so wrong.

My Big Boy walked confidently with Miss Eve back to the chair, pointing out all the "Tick Tocks" to her. (He loves clocks.) He then hopped up in the chair, and sat there all by himself. Eve got out a little booster for him and he just sat up there, so big and tall. Up until now, he had sat in my lap while Miss Eve worked her magic, but this time he didn't need me. I just stood there, transfixed, watching my Baby Boy grow up right before my very eyes. Watching my Big Boy be so brave and independent. Trying to get some good shots while fighting back tears.

Jack didn't make a peep the whole time. He was amazing - even when Miss Eve broke out the electric razor on his neck! Eve said she was absolutely shocked because she's had three and four year olds who wouldn't sit in the chair alone, much less alone and STILL!

Here are a few more shots from the day. Sweet little guy - He finally looks like someone takes care of him!





And the final product turned out fantastic. Jack really seemed to love it because, as you can see, he kept checking himself out in the mirror. I love this precious boy!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

SO SWEET!!! I just want to eat him up!!

7:01 PM, February 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home