Extreme Home Makeover: Duncan Edition
Our window guy also removed a storage room which had been added on to the back of our house by the previous owners. (It's the orange "shed" looking thing attached to our house in the photo below.) We had no use for the space and wanted it down, so that we could a.) close off one of our exterior entrances (way too many locks for me to worry about!) and b.) have some extra yard to expand our patio.

And Phillip and my Dad tore down two other storage sheds located on the back of our property, which were full of Junk that the previous owners either forgot about or left for us intentionally as a Housewarming Gift. You can see those below, under the Mimosa Tree. May they Rest In Peace, in the large dumpster sitting temporarily in our driveway.

And then, as if we didn't already have enough going on, we decided to finish tearing out all of the previous owner's overgrown landscaping and begin the arduous task of re-planting things just like we want them. We have a brush pile the size of mount Rushmore on our front lawn. Good Grief. As you may or may not know, I am certainly not an expert in Lawn Care, and neither is my esteemed husband. We'd love to pay someone to Just Do It, but of course, that's pricey and my Dad is an expert in Lawn Care so he and my mom have been here at the break of dawn the past two weekends helping us Do It Ourselves. Now, I am a born DIY-er. Much of the stuff in our house is something that I have re-purposed from somebody else's junk. I painted our whole house (multiple times) myself. But this whole Yard Thing is not coming easily to me. I am catching on, but I am sore in places I have never been sore before, and I have dirt under my french manicure that I am not sure will ever come out. Lordamercy.
So anyway, we have been busy. And it looks as though we will continue to be for a while. Much more landscaping to do. Two rooms to finish from the ground up. Plus, the joyous yet exhausting, task of keeping up with and cleaning up after a 17 month-old!
I have lots of great new photos of that particular 17 month-old that I plan to post in the next day or two. And I will try and keep you all posted on our Construction Progress. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a happy, restful weekend. (We'll be working in the yard, if anyone would like to stop by...You know, to visit.)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home