Friday, September 30, 2005

The Caped Crusader

A week ago yesterday, our little guy had his second haircut with Miss Eve. I can not say enough good things about Eve and the precious way she is with Jack! When you combine her sweetness and talent with the fact that Jack is just an all-around-awesome kid, the outcome is another calm, tear-free haircut! Eve said that she's do nothing but kids' hair if they all behaved the way Jack did. Wow, that makes a Mommy feel good!

As you can see in the photo above, Jack's hair had gotten quite mullet-licious again, and we all know how I feel about the mullet. (If you don't know, Mullet = Not Happy Mommy.) I was really holding on to hope that his hair would curl, and there towards the end it was beginning to wave a little bit, so making the decision to cut it was not as easy as it was the first time, when he was just looking straggly and unkempt. However, I have now learned to never fear the haircut. Now that it's short, it's curling!! (I have also learned that if we have a second baby, I will add "curly hair" to my prayer list, which for Jack included "good health" and "long eyelashes". I scored with both, Thank You Lord!)

Anyway, here are a couple of shots of Mr. Jack during the beautification process:




There was only one brief moment of semi-unhappiness, and that came when Miss Eve got him with the spray bottle:


The sweetest part about the whole thing, though, was just how much Jack loved the cape he got to wear. He was checking himself out in the mirror, grinning and waving his arms. When the haircut was done, he paraded around in the cape for a while before it was time for Mommy to get her hair cut. I am telling you, he did not want to take the cape off. I mean, look at that face. Can you see how helpless I am to deny that face? So, I suppose I will have to add "Cape" to his Santa letter this year....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home