In The Good Ol' Summertime
Wow. I am loving Summer! Have I ever loved Summer before? Hmmm...Sure, maybe when I was a kid.
Perhaps it's because I haven't had a Summer Break in several years that I had forgotten how much fun this time of year could be. It's funny how much having a child in your life helps you to remember how to have real fun again! To remember how it's quite acceptable to pull my hair back and go outside and play without a stitch of make-up on. To realize that my child's Happiness is so much more important than my own To-Do List. That he doesn't care whether Mommy ever was, or ever will be a Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Model, he just wants to play with me. And...Playtime with Jack is so much better than housework!
So, my house is a mess. There's laundry to be done. There are sandy footprints all over the den floor. There's even some leftover spaghetti from dinner last night on the dining room wall. But I'll get to it. Later.
We are headed outside to play in the little Elephant Pool. The only place in the world I want to be right now!
*********************************
OK, so now we are back inside, a little browner and a lot hotter! Here are a few pictures I snapped of our morning.
Here's Jack, showing off his new Finding Nemo Little Swimmers. So proud. And looking so much like his Daddy here! The smile. The tilt of the head. And this is such a Phillip pose:
And here are a few shots from the pool. After the initial pool experience at Jake's house a couple of weeks ago (which was met with about as much trepidation as the first experience in the grass), I wasn't sure how it would go. All it took was me getting in with him to show him that it was OK.
But the real fun began once Mommy got out! Lots more room to move around...
To play with toys...
And to scoop all the water out with his bucket!
Happy Summer - Enjoy every minute!












1 Comments:
Absolutely the most precious thing in the world. I can't wait to see you both tomorrow. Hugs and kisses.
Post a Comment
<< Home