Thursday, March 31, 2005

Spring has Sprung!

FINALLY!

Now for those of you who know me well, my excitement might surprise you. I have always been, and will always be, a lover of all things autumn. Jewel-toned leaves, bonfires, hayrides, jack-o-lanterns, trick-or-treaters...the sights and smells of fall uplift my spirit.

However.

I have been cooped up in this house (which is usually where I prefer to be) for the better part of the last two months, either because I had a sick baby or was sick myself. It felt so good outside today, that it made me almost forget about fall for a minute. This has been a long winter, and I am desperately ready for swimming pools and sandboxes. It is amazing how your perspective changes once a child enters your world!

Speaking of my bundle of joy, I took Jack outside today just to enjoy the weather. I am ashamed to admit that, becasue of either sickness or bad weather, (or just being too little last Spring) he really has never played outside. His poor little legs and feet have never even touched grass. I know, I know.

Well, that changed today! Thanks to the GrandDuncans' ability to do some serious consignment shopping, Jack is already completely outfitted for warm weather. I dressed him in a pair of shorts (which I have been longing to do, as I can't get enough of those chunky little legs and sweet little fat feet!) and took him out into the backyard to explore some of the flowers that are beginning to pop up back there.

This was his first reaction to the feel of grass on his legs:



This was his second reaction:



Poor little guy wouldn't even put his left leg down!

He scrambled up into my lap, and would only barely touch his toe to the ground before pulling it back up. Oh well, at least I tried, right? Practice makes perfect, and I am sure that with more days like this ahead, Jack will be a grass expert very soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home