Monday, December 03, 2007

He's Just So Quotable.

Before I delve headlong into the madness, magic and joy that was Disney Trip 2007, I must share a couple conversations and quotes from my darling son, who can alternately have me in stitches and in tears with his innocence and innate happiness.

First, while we were standing in the Magic Kingdom enjoying a show on the steps of Cinderella's Castle, Jack (who was sitting high atop his Daddy's shoulders) exclaimed, "Yay, Mickey! What a Bweetaful show!".

On Tuesday night, we attended Mickey's Christmas Party, an after-hours extravaganza with parades, pumped-in snow, fireworks, and all-you-can-consume hot chocolate and cookies. As luck would have it, it rained on us pretty hard that night, making it cold for the first and only time we were in Orlando. We had to buy ponchos (ghost costumes, according to the boys) and sweatshirts and did our best to stay warm and dry while still enjoying the festivities. When we got back to the hotel, Jack looked up and said, (and this is verbatim because I immediately grabbed a pen and paper and wrote it down) "Do I got water in my shoes?". Phillip told him that yes, he probably did have water in his shoes because of the rain. He paused for a minute and then asked, "Can God clean it up?". To which Phillip responded that yes, he supposed God could dry out Jack's shoes. Then, more quietly, almost under his breath, Jack muttered, "Yeah. Maybe God has a nakkin.".

Jack is very interested in talking about God and Jesus a lot. Which is wonderful in and of itself, but even more wonderful because I am hoping that we can begin to help him understand the real meaning of Christmas. Last night, out of the blue as I was dressing him for bed, he looked up and said, "Hey, Mommy. Let's talk a minute." So, I asked him what he would like to talk about. He replied simply - "God." I asked him what he would like to say about God and he said, "Jesus loves me!" We then talked through everyone else that Jesus loves. What a sweet way to end the day. And so ends this blog. The calm before the storm of Disney photos!

1 Comments:

Blogger jenni said...

Love it..Jack is precious! Can't wait for the photos!

It was nice to hear your voice today-sorry my kids were crazy in the background!

Let's maybe get together next Tues. I would have Evan but if I met you at your house, I think he would keep busy playing with Jack's toys--just a thought!!

6:25 PM, December 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home