"Mommy, I made a Turkey! Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!"
I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is almost here. I asked Jack this afternoon what holiday was coming up next. "Halloween?", he asked hopefully (complete with raised eyebrows). Very funny. No son, we're done with the candy! With only a couple hints he answered correctly. I then asked him what he was thankful for this year and was glad I had a pen a paper handy because his response was priceless.
Mommy: Jack, what are you thankful for?
Jack: All of my friends.
Mommy: What else?
Jack: My teachers. Miss Betsy and Miss Jeannie.
Mommy: What else are you thankful for?
Jack: Jesus. I'm thankful for God, too. I love God and Jesus!
Mommy, in tears at this point: What else?
Jack: Carson and Sophia. Ryan too. Brooke. Brooke is my favorite.
Mommy: What else?
Jack: Mommy.
Mommy: Thank you! What else?
Jack: God again.
Mommy: What else are you thankful for?
Jack: But I just said that, Mommy. Now we have to watch "The Wizard of Oz". OK?
And so he watches his new favorite movie as I type. What an awesome kid. I am so blessed.












4 Comments:
aren't we all?!?! It is nice to have these memorable conversations:)
What a sweet boy! Ella loves the Wizard of oz also,in fact she's watching it right now. i thought it would be too scary, but i was wrong. Much love to you all!
Sweet Jack! Miss you.
so Oz is okay. we don't have it but Eli does and he Loves it as well. i'm thinking the monkeys may be too much for spence. he just last month decided that the heffalump movie wasn't scary anymore.
Post a Comment
<< Home