Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Halloween, Halloween, Trick-or-Treat! Our costume can't be beat!"

Thanks to Dora, Yo Gabba Gabba! and Mickey Mouse, Jack was well-prepared for Trick-or-Treating this year. For about a month, he has been very interested in learning all about Halloween - the costumes, the pumpkins and ghosties and especially the candy!

We decided a while back that Jack just had to be a T-Rex. It was the obvious choice, as the dinosaur obsession continues (with no end in sight). I looked around at several stores as well as online and was pretty disappointed with the selection and especially the prices.

Fortunately, I went to The Children's Place recently and ran across ONE Dragon costume, in Jack's size, marked down to $14.00. Can you say Divine? It didn't take much to convince me that there wasn't that much difference between a T-Rex and a Dragon...well, at least I didn't think so. I showed Jack his new "T-Rex" costume, to which he replied, "Coooool! But it's a Dragon, Mommy. It has wings.". Oh. OK. Of course it does. What on earth was Mommy thinking?

Apparently being a Dragon is even cooler than being a T-Rex, though, because they breathe fire and smoke. They fly. And they roar - a lot. And in our case, they say Trick-or-Treat and Thank You every time they get candy. He really is such a sweet, sweet boy.....er, Dragon!

Check back a little later for shots of everybody else's kids. As adorable as he was, ours was not the only adorable spook at Trunk-or-Treat, and I can't wait to show them off too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Aren't kids just sooo smart! They constantly amaze me!

7:38 PM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth S said...

That is hilarious! I wouldn't have noticed the wings, either. Too funny!

5:56 AM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger The Blankinships said...

okay, he's hilarious because i didn't know that he was supposed to be a dragon...i just thought he looked like a dinosaur. but then, what do i know? by the way, you four look GREAT in that fam picture below! who took that since you were finally in front of the camera? regardless, you all look amazing!

1:05 PM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

Here's what Emmy sings: "Halloween, Halloween, Trick-or-Treat! Fire costumes can't be meat!" HA!

1:09 PM, November 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home