You better not pout...
And man, have I been pouting a lot lately! A couple days of really thinking about everything I have to be thankful for has really put things into perspective for me. Despite being sick since the second week of October and still having an ear infection, I really am in good overall health. I have a magnificent family - the one I was born into and the one I married into. My husband and son are amazing. I know who my friends are, and they are more than I deserve. I have been provided a lovely home that gives me shelter. I have electricity, clean water and natural gas. I even have a home phone, a cell phone, internet and cable! We have two cars that get us where we need to go. We have more clothes and shoes than we actually wear. We have an abundance of food and are never hungry. And most importantly, I have been saved from myself and my sinful nature by the blood of Christ!
So, I am not pouting anymore. I'll feel better soon enough and there is just too much to be thankful for to sit around and feel sorry for myself. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with Phillip's family in Alabama on Wednesday and Thursday. We had even more sweet fellowship and delicious food with my family on Friday. And in the meantime we have been decorating for the holidays, as you can see by the photos, and...packing.
Packing, you ask? Why, yes. Packing. Tomorrow morning, at 6:30 we are flying out to see this guy:
We're going to Disney World! And yes, you read correctly, I AM FLYING. Nearly 33 years old, and I am finally getting on a plane. And I have to say that I am much calmer than I had expected. I have prayed for peace, asking God to take away my excessive fear and He has done more than that. I am almost excited!I am really happy to share my first flight with Phillip and Jack. And with Uncle Jeremy, Uncle Marsha, Spencer, Aidyn and Preston. Yep, we're all going together! Phillip's parents are giving all of us this trip for Christmas and they'll be meeting us in Orlando in the morning. (They are actually already there and settled in at our hotel and they just called to say it's amazing and that the kids are going to flip out!)
My camera is fully-charged and packed in my carry-on bag. I actually hope to be able to blog a little while we are away. I can't even begin to fathom how many photos I am going to want to share! I have a feeling that this is going to be pure bliss for me.
And now, a request: If you would, please say a prayer for our flights to and from "Mickey Mouse's Castle", as Jack calls it. Please pray for good health, good weather, good moods, and short lines for all the rides. And also, I'd appreciate prayers that things will be OK here at home. We are so blessed to have some friends house-sitting for us (Thank you!!), but it's still never easy to be gone away from home for an extended amount of time. You say those prayers for me and I'll be sure and give Mickey a big hug for you!
Have a great week!












9 Comments:
You will have so much fun! I actually have never been to Disney, so we plan on going in about three more years when Campbell is older. Anyway, have a blast for me! I'll be praying...love you!
There's no place like Disney! I am sooo jealous! Our family has countless wonderful memories from our trips to see Mickey and Friends.
Hope you are able to do a little bloggin', because I'm anxious to see your beautiful boy at Mickey Mouse's Castle!
Have a "Magical" time!
You know I'll be praying for you & day dreaming that we were there with you!!!
Call me if you think of anything that needs to be done while you're having the best time of your life!
I love you & squeeze Mickey for us!
YEA!!!! We will want a full report as soon as you get back!
How fun! I hope you guys have a blast and I will say a prayer for you.
Your house looks beautiful!!!
Can't wait to see pics from your adventures!
You *better* be excited! What an amazing gift! I know y'all will have a great time - can't wait to see your photos!!
Catching up on everyone's blogs and you have been busy!!! Your home looks beautiful for Christmas!!! I love, love, love decorating for the holidays!!! I must say that Jack is working that haircut!!!
House looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in persoon, and hear all about your trip... soon :)
what a very special christmas present! you guys are going to have a great time. we will be praying for you, and can't wait to see lots of pictures.
oh, and by the way, your house looks BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment
<< Home