Let me just go ahead and get this out in the open. I promise that I have tried, but I just really do not like Epcot. And I guess what I mean by that is this: a.) It has no Castle and b.) Anything built to look futuristic always winds up looking and feeling like it came straight outta the sixties. I actually do enjoy the countries and perhaps that is really what Epcot is all about, but the overall vibe of Epcot is not one that I particularly enjoy.
That said, we spent evening three in Epcot and it was really quite nice. Jeremy and Marsha reserved a fantastic sit-down dinner for us in China to honor precious Aidyn. Once again, the food was out of this world and we had a great time as a family. I can't believe I didn't take a single photo during the meal - but Lord help us, it was slightly crazy (especially with my child who pretty much eats only chicken and mac and cheese and was ready to GO as soon as we sat down).
Our dinner ended late, and we were done just in time to find a good spot to watch IllumiNations, Epcot's big fireworks display. It was pretty incredible to watch the the fireworks burst over the water, but even more incredible to watch Jack as he took in the experience. He did so great with all of the fireworks despite the fact that these were particularly loud. There was also a gigantic rotating globe out in the middle of the lake that lit up with scenes of life from all around the world. The show ended with the song, "Let There Be Peace on Earth" and was really quite moving. (I cried,of course.) It was a really cool experience. Enjoy the photos!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home