The Duncans Do Disney, Day Two: Magic Kingdom


Needless to say, the Magic Kingdom is where we spent most of our time, even though we did visit all four parks, Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. On Day Two, we saw yet another parade, took a ride on Aladdin's Magic Carpet, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise. We also took a tour of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (which was up there and freaked me out more than flying!).

After lunch, DeeDee heard that Woody, Jessie and Bullseye were putting on a show in Frontierland so she, Uncle Jeremy and I booked it with the older boys to catch the fun. We made it in time and both Jack and Spencer were chosen to be a part of Woody's Roundup!Sweet Spencer was very hesitant but bravely faced his fear. Jack did great dancing and riding his horse, Otto, despite looking a little overwhelmed by the whole production! It was so exciting to see them in the middle of the street dancing with some of their favorite characters from Toy Story. They were the rootinest, tootinest cowboys in the Wild, Wild West that day for sure!



Perhaps the most excitemet from Day Two came when Phillip finally got to ride his all-time favorite ride - Splash Mountain. Uncle Marsha was the only one willing to ride it with him since none of the rest of us cared to spend the rest of the day wet. I stood in one spot, camera pressed to my face, for what felt like an hour waiting to catch them coming down and I am so glad I did. Aren't they hysterical?
Hysterical and soaked!I'll close Day Two with a few photos of the parade. (And yes, I loved the villians - They were so unbelieveably creepy and their make-up and costumes were fabulous!) Man, I'd love to live in a place where there is a parade every day at 3:00, wouldn't you?

















6 Comments:
Your last photo brings tears to my eyes....I have a Prince Charming & Cinderella set that I've had since I was 8 yrs old. I wanted to put them on my wedding cake but the style I had choosen wouldn't work! Great pics as always!
Dear readers of Mary Alice's blog,
You owe me $4. That the running rate for a ticket to the gun show! I couldn't tell if the folks behind us in the log-flume were excited about the ride or awed by my massive muscles... or perhaps freaked out about my hand, which I paraded without hesitation in their faces. Either way, you all owe me four bucks.
Seeing your pictures reminds me our our trips to Disney with our children. We have a family picture taken in front of "Flower Mickey" that we took in June. It is an awesome photo spot!
Looking forward to seeing more pics. Keep'em comin'!!!
I love that he still calls her Uncle Marsha. Made my night.
Oh, and I didn't read "the wise one's" comment till after I had written mine. HAHAHA!!! I haven't stopped laughing. I really, really miss you guys.
well, i'm getting zero cleaning done bc pk has cried since leaving your house. but is giving me a chance to see your latest postings. great photos. i will certainly link or steal your photos. thanks for sharing.
mk
Post a Comment
<< Home