Monday, December 17, 2007

The Duncans Do Disney, Evening Four: Date Night at Pleasure Island

Thursday night, Jack stayed at the hotel with Buddy & DeeDee while Phillip and I went on a date. It was fantastic! We headed to Downtown Disney to browse the shops and then walked on over to Pleasure Island just to take in the sights. We had dinner at Bongos, the restaraunt created by Gloria and Emilio Estefan. Admittedly, I had never had Cuban food before this night, so I didn't really know what to expect. After dinner, I was ready to move to Cuba.






Again - the food. As fabulous as it had all been up to this point, Phillip and I both agreed that this was perhaps one of our all-time BEST meals - ever. It was one of those experiences that you just wanted to sit and savor - the company, the food, the music, the atmosphere. Truly, truly unbelieveable. I am now on the search for Cuban restaraunt here in town that can replicate our experience. We pretty much just asked our server to bring us the best thing on the menu and I'd say that she must have. Phillip and I both had the El Churrasco (tenderized skirt steak grilled to perfection and served with a side of Chimi-Churri sauce served with white rice and green plantains, according to the menu.) Holy Moly. Who knew that we both loved plantains? And Chimi-churri sauce? Don't even get me started. We also decided to have an adult beverage. I again asked the server to bring me something that would be the perfect compliment to dinner. And again - score. I have no idea what this heavenly coconutty, pineappley concoction was called, so let's just call it Perfection, shall we? And while we are on the subject - what a wonderful night out with the man of my dreams. Yes, it truly was Perfection.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

What a wonderful, wonderful trip!!! The pictures are great and make me so excited to take our kids someday!!! Merry Christmas!!!

4:15 PM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger www.onthehomestretch.com said...

I must admit: reading your Blog about Disney is the next best thing to being there! So glad you had such a wonderful trip!
Happy Holidays!!!

8:11 PM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

Downtown Disney is one of my favorite places! We hit Wolfgang Puck's our first year there. That visit is what got me hooked on sushi. We went back for a second time (same trip) for more sushi and fondu. Both were excellent, but we probably should not have had them together! ;o)

9:36 AM, December 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home