Friday, December 14, 2007

A Brief Disney Intermission

My dear husband is blogging again. And I am so glad. His post from yesterday spoke so plainly to me that I just had to share it with all of you who visit here. May we all take a moment and evaluate what it is that we are celebrating during this, the most amazing and wonderful time of the year! (Thank you, Phillip, for your gentle wisdom. You are an amazing husband, father, son, teacher and friend. And I hope you are ready because we are going to the Chinese Kitchen for dinner.)

Many blessings to you and yours today. I hope you're enjoying the music I added. If you don't like the particular song that is playing, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose a different one!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Alice, I hope you will share this with Phillip. I started to leave it on his blog but don't have an account and really don't want to "go there". :)


Phillip,
I rarely comment on blogs but feel that this one is worth it. "The Adventure of Christmas" a book by Lisa Whelchel - I would highly recommend it during the season of "no meat, just pork and beef."

In her introduction she has a paragraph that states, "I recently learned that celebrating Christmas is not far from the heart of God, either. Feeling like Jesus had gotten lost in the frenzy of the holiday season, I asked the Lord to show me what I could do to teach my children the true meaning of Christmas. I was caught off-guard when He simply replied, "Don't do anything differently. Look in the middle of the celebration and you will find Me." She goes on to say, "He was right, of course. I didn't need to orchestrate moments to pontificate with my kids about "the commercialization of Christmas." Instead, Jesus was beckoning me to come to the party and bring the kids. We got caught up in all the trappings of Christmas only to discover that it was neither the enemy nor the world that set the bait. Now it is my deisire to lure parents into the hustle and bustle of Christmas and then set them free to join their children in the celebration - guilt free."

It's a wonderful book, very practicle, full of activities, and teachable moments. I bope it could bless you and your family and make things a little bit more "filling". Blessings!

1:56 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

Ahhhh, Same "Old Lang Syne"... one of my all time FAVORITES!

5:54 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth S said...

Loved Phillip's blog. I am working on e-mailing you about homeschooling. Talk to you soon!

9:01 PM, December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home