After These Messages...We'll Be Right Back.
Lord have mercy, friends, we are sick. Sweet Jack and I have both finally been diagnosed with a bacterial lung infection. Both my doctor and Jack's pediatrician say that our lungs sound like those of an asthmatic. Not very comforting to hear, since neither of us has asthma, but at least no one has said the word pneumonia!
It has been so nice posting the stories and photos of the game, which we attended two weeks ago tomorrow, as that was the last day we were well. Yep, it's been two weeks of sickness and although Jack does seem better, I have been steadily going downhill and would have to say that this has been my worst day so far. I finally gave in and went to the doctor this morning after I started hearing a rattle/crackle in my chest (again, not so comforting). The nurse gave me a breathing treament and sent me home with five (five!) prescriptions. At the same time I was being looked at, Phillip was at Children's Hospital with Jack getting a chest x-ray. We took Jack to the doctor a week ago and yesterday, at his follow-up visit, the doctor was concerned because his lungs sounded no better. So...here we are at home, heavily medicated, waiting on a medical equipment company to bring us a nebulizer so that we can give Jack breathing treatments in addition to his albuterol inhaler and Singulair. We are a regular pharmacy over here. Ugh.
So...if you have emailed me, please know that I am not ignoring you. I promise to respond ASAP. If you have called me and no one has answered, please know that I am not ignoring you. I just have no voice with which to speak to you! I'll be back to my Alabama Game Day posts soon, too. I have two left, and I need to wrap it up because it's almost time for Halloween!
Say a little prayer for us, if you will. For renewed health, and perhaps for Phillip's sanity as he so sweetly ministers to Jack and me.












5 Comments:
Oh, I'm sooo sorry!
I hope you guys are on a road to recovery now that you're so heavily drugged! haha
We love you guys!
I am so sorry to hear how sick you guys are. You will definitely be in our prayers!
You poor things. You guys have had more than your fair share of "the sickies." And that is no fun. I will pray that you both get better soon and that Philip presses on as a sweet caretaker.
Bless your hearts! Get better soon!
Feel better soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home