Monday, October 15, 2007

Game Day In Alabama, Part 6: Like Father, Like Son

I really have no words to describe how much I love both my boys. (And ya'll know momma always has words.) Watching the two of them together at the game, Jack experiencing the same traditions that Phillip enjoyed as a child, brought tears to my eyes on more than several occasions. Phillip was determined that the day would be all about Jack, and it was amazing watching him do everything in his power to make make that happen (including but not limited to running {literally, running} all over campus to find the child the perfect football.)

I really do not need to point out how much these two love each other. But they do. They have such a wonderful relationship. They can just look at each other and laugh. They hold hands. They wrestle. They tickle. They chase. They read books. They play ball. I see the admiration in Jack's eyes when he looks up at his Daddy and I see the pride in Phillip's eyes anytime he is talking about his son.

These are some of my favorite photos of my boys from Game Day. I took so many, but have tried to narrow it down! Playing on the front lawn of the President's Mansion. Hoofing it across campus. Practicing kicking skills beside Denny Chimes. No matter what they were doing together it was, at the core, a special memory - for both of them. And for me too.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Daniels said...

i love the simplicity of these pictures!

5:27 PM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth S said...

That might have been the sweetest post ever! Those pics of them are precious!!! I love the first one. I don't know, just something about it. Love you!

P.S. Thanks for the comment on my blog ;)

6:08 AM, October 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that we've said it was one of Jack's best days, but you're right... it was one of mine too! Thanks for these amazing pictures and for capturing the story of the day here for us and (one day) for Jack to relive. You're an amazing mama, a fantastic photographer and a brilliant writer... add that together and you have this blog. Our own little family photo album we share with friends and family.

Love you,
the paterfamilias (& don't you forget it!)

8:18 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Christy said...

LOVE these pictures...there is something about a father and son...

10:16 AM, October 18, 2007  
Blogger JSM said...

Hate that you were in AL & I missed you... was actually in TN that weekend! If you guys are looking for something to do next Saturday (yeah, right!) Brett will be in town with his boys playing Fisk... I, alas, have to work (stinking student loans!)
love you!

3:25 PM, October 18, 2007  
Blogger Ryan said...

What a special day!!! The pictures are wonderful. My favorite is the one with Jack on Daddy's shoulders...so sweet.

6:27 PM, October 18, 2007  
Blogger jenni said...

great pics...i sure hope you guys are feeling better. i know you are very ready to get back to "normal" life. miss you...

7:20 PM, October 18, 2007  
Blogger Raven said...

How precious! Love reading all about your adventures in Alabama... even though I hate that you're not in Knoxville wearing orange instead. :)

10:45 AM, October 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home