Saturday, August 04, 2007

It's fun to stay at the Y-A-B-C!

Interesting conversations heard around my house, just this morning:

*while watching "Go, Diego, Go" - a new favorite around here*
Me: Jack, can you guess who loves you?
Jack: (silence)
Me: Jack! Hello? Jack, can you guess who loves you?
Jack: (whispering) Mommy, Shhhh. I know who loves me. Shhhh. Duh-ayeeee-go, Ah-leee-see-ah and Dora are singin' and clappin' wight now.

*while eating an early lunch*
Phillip: OK, buddy...as soon as you finish your sandwich we can go to the Y. Daddy is going to swim while you play.
Jack: Let's go now! I wanna play dinosaurs at the YABC!

*while helping me with laundry*
Me: Hey, buddy - Mommy needs you to help her put some clothes in the dryer, OK?
Jack: (as he is helping) Why?
Me: Well, because I need your help. You are such a big helper.
Jack: But, why?
Me: Well, honey, that's what families do. They help.
Jack: Why?
Me: Well, families love each other, so they help each other when they can.
Jack: (pause) Our family is wonderful.

1 Comments:

Blogger It's a Mom Thing said...

I'm glad you're writing these cute little sayings down. I need to be better at that. Most days, it seems, our kids say something funny. Don't ya think?

5:50 PM, August 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home