It's Not Easy Being Green.
With our house being brick (and because I, like Jenni, have not had the best track record of keeping flowers alive!), I pretty much wanted nothing but green on the front of the house. I chose ferns for the porch and little asparagus ferns for the $3 yard sale planter I found last summer. But then, I found a $10 pineapple planter on craigslist and I knew that it needed to hang on the chimney out front because it is huge. It's taller than Jack! I planted pink wave petunias in it and thanks to miracle grow and consistent watering my 2 little containers of petunias have grown almost as big as the planter itself!
One thing I have absolutely fallen in love with this year are succulents. Not only are they beautiful and colorful, but they are nearly impossible to kill! I planted several different varieties in a strawberry pot a few months ago and have pretty much left them alone. Now that's my kind of gardening!
I have really enjoyed tending my little garden this year, but I am already looking forward to planting mums...ya'll know I'd take Fall over Summer any day!
(And no, I did not finish the book. My eyelids would just not cooperate. Tonight. Tonight I will finish!)












5 Comments:
You go, girl! Your flowers are beautiful. I thought about driving by your house the last time I was visiting my folks. (It's just around the corner) I guess I should have...so I could see your beautiful yard.
Love the greens, pinks, yellows...all of it! I can only hope that next year, "The Year of the Yard", will be as successful.
You know I love a fall day over summer anytime too!! I hope we can get together this week b/c we will be gone next week....what about the pool tomorrow if the weather is nice??!! Call me!! Your flowers are beautiful!
You do great work with your flowers!! This was our first year to try anything at this house...maybe next year I'll have as good luck as you and Jenni:)
those look beautiful! want to come work on my yard???
Ok, you are really making me jealous. What CAN'T you do to make a home look beautiful?
We both need to visit each other's houses. I need to see that deck!
Post a Comment
<< Home