The Beginning of the End.
3:37 a.m. - 85 pages, lots of teenage angst and a couple of deaths later, I fall into bed exhausted.
The ending of Harry Potter is very bittersweet for me. These books mean a great deal to me and have for about seven years now. (Phillip and I joke that HP saved our marriage, but it's sort of true. More on that later.) It's all been leading up to this ending, and I'm excited to know what J.K. Rowling has been hiding in her brain for all these years - but I also feel like I am losing a very good friend.
I'll let you know what I think as soon as I am done...assuming I am not an emotional trainwreck, which is entirely possible!
Off to lose myself for a few hours...












3 Comments:
Yes, I have also been without the companionship of your mother-in-law, who got up at 6:30 this morning, drove to buy the book, and was already into chapter 4 before I was up and ready to meet friends for breakfast! She dove back in after breakfast and has barely taken bathroom breaks, since. Well over halfway through the book, she is about to have to put it down to shower to meet friends for dinner. (Eating out appears to be the only way I will have conversation with her, today....)
Ahhh! I was a little slower to get the book because frankly I get little enough sleep as it is these days, but I am now the proud owner of a copy and am dying to read it. In the past, I have gotten lost in the books and not come up for air until I was finished. This one will be a challenge. I am going to have to get creative about finding time to read because I doubt my 3 month old will allow me to spend my entire day reading. ;-)
I cannot wait to see how it ends, but I am also very sad that this is the last one.
I got my copy late yesterday afternoon...now I've read about 300 pages!! I too feel bittersweet about the ending but we still have the movies to look foward to:)
Post a Comment
<< Home