Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Kick Back, Relax...Watch Some Cows, Sing Some Songs...

Thankfully, our little boy is a wonderful traveler. We are so blessed in that regard. On the way dawn to Fairhope, which is a seven-and-a-half hour drive, he napped twice, gave us a play-by-play of the trees and cows that passed by out the window and watched just half of a movie before asking me to turn it off. The rest of the time he serenaded us with songs like, "Mr. Noah", "Awesome God", "Jesus Loves Me" and "Happy Birthday". (Amazingly on key, I might add.)

After his second nap, he woke up in a very pleasant mood. He put his arms behind his head - as you can see in the photo - and he stayed that way for the last 45 minutes of our trip! We kept watching him in the rearview, thinking his arms would get tired, but apparently he was extremely comfy and relaxed. Stinker.

Mr. Chill-Out is on his way home now. Phillip and I returned home from our trip on Monday, but Jack stayed on to visit with his Buddy and DeeDee for a couple extra days. I have completed some house projects, but I am beginning to ache a little bit in my heart for him! This is the farthest he has ever been from me, but I have almost made it - and I know that his Buddy and DeeDee have enjoyed every minute with him. Not to mention how very happy he has been to be with them, playing outside, going to the playground, the model train exhibit, and to feed the ducks. (But I'm still glad he's almost home!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home