Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I Am So Thankful He Got His Daddy's Entertaining Genes Instead Of Mine.

Yesterday morning was Jack's first ever pre-school Christmas Program. It certainly did not disappoint, and neither did our little entertainer. My heart nearly burst several times because I was just so very proud of this little guy. He is destined to be a Star, as you can tell by the enthusiastic way he played his "Tinker Bells"! *Hint: Be sure to click on the photos to enlarge them and see his sweet face up close!*

All of the kids were precious, but there was one little reindeer in the front row that I had my eye (and camera) on just about the whole time. The teachers did a fabulous jobs of teaching the music and hand motions to all of the children. And I am just amazed that 12 two year olds would sit so calmly on a stage in front of so many people - and even more amazed that they would actually sing and play their little instruments. What an extraordianry group of kids they are!

Here you can see Jack singing, "The
Mother in the house goes 'Shhh shh shh, Shh, shh, shh, Shh, shh, shh, all thru the night'". Too cute!












To me,the funniest moment (besides the moment he saw me and started waving and yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" in the middle of a song), occurred towards the end of the program. Apparently Jack had spotted Phillip filming in the back, me sitting in the front and probably Mimi and Poppa sitting in the middle - and I guess he was just ready to be doneand get on with the visiting. So, he just stood right up on stage while the program was still going on. Everyone else was seated and there was my child, on the front row, standing up. It looked like he was preparing for his big solo! See, I told you he got the love of performing from Phillip instead of me!













At the very end of the program (after Jack had decided to once again take his seat!) Miss Pat announced a BIG Surprise for all the kids...SANTA!!! Jack absolutely loves Santa. Thankfully, he has never been afraid of him and this year he just can't get enough of the Man In Red. I am so thankful that I was able to capture jack's expression when St. Nick walked through the door. First, it was this:













And then, it was this. I wasn't sure he was going to be able to keep it together!













There is much more to share from our day, but that'll have to wait for the next post. I wish you all could have been there, but hopefully the photos will serve as a nice substitute!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!!!!

3:14 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Raven said...

My gosh, I want to eat him UP! He is the cutest little reindeer EVER.

5:22 AM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger It's a Mom Thing said...

Those pics made my day. Too cute!

6:18 AM, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home