And I'm Doing My Christmas Dreaming A Little Early This Year...
This morning, I was awakened by the fabulous aroma of Starbucks Christmas coffee brewing in the kitchen and my wonderful husband singing a little homespun number that went something like, "Wake up, sweetheart, it's Christmas Decorating Day! Time to crawl up in the attic and begin the arduous weekend-long task that that will leave us exhausted on Monday morning. No time for sleeping! Get up! Get up! Get up!" (OK, so I embellished the lyrics a little. But that's seriously pretty close.)Phillip loves Christmas like I love the Fall. He has such a sweet child-like Spirit, and he gets giddy dragging all the boxes down from the attic. His enthusiasm definitely rubbed off on both Jack and me today.
As soon as we got the tree set up, Phillip pulled out the toy Christmas train that he had played with as a kid. We have had it at our house ever since we got married, but this was the first year we had reason to get it out - our very own little train enthusiast! And I can tell you that it went over fabulously. Jack loved watching it go round and round the table and got a kick out of the real train sounds it makes.



He was one happy boy! And we are two very tired parents...with more work to do tomorrow. Happy Christmas Dreaming, everyone!












1 Comments:
Jack looks so handsome! And I bet he'll love playing with that train set this Christmas season. I absolutely can't WAIT to see pics of your house decorated for the holidays. Please post some! You know that's where I get my inspiration. I'm always thinking, "What Would Mary Alice Do?" because you have great taste!
Post a Comment
<< Home