And So It Ends...Sort Of.
I started deconstructing Christmas today. For the first time since Phillip and I married, I am in no hurry. Usually, we take it all down on the 26th, but this year is different. Maybe it's Jack, maybe it's because our house is closer to being finished, maybe it's because we put the tree in a different spot this year. I don't know why, but I am starting to think that I might become one of those people I make fun of for still having their tree up in March. We'll see.
Today I took down the Christmas cards from the dining room doorway. It was hard forcing myself to do it, but it needed to be done. (Someone I know with tiny hands discovered that he could pull them down.) We have so enjoyed looking at them every time we're in the kitchen. The sweet wishes from friends and family, the beautiful, smiling faces of our friends' kids. A very happy, tangible reminder of how truly blessed we are.
3 Comments:
You can do it - be brave! Think of it as time to decorate for Valentines Day. I start back to school tomorrow and i truly envy you and your "tea party" days with Jack. Enjoy every minute and give him a BIG hug for me. Dee Dee
Look at my little cuties up there! :) LOVE the doorway. It's liberating getting all the "stuff" down, isn't it?! Bring on SPRING.
you know you can make it through January 6th with a viable reason: you celebrate Christmas through Epiphany! that works for me anyway. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home