Friday, December 23, 2005

Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town!

And that means we HAD to be sure that Jack got his chance to see the Big Man before tomorrow night - up close and personal. Today was the first day that Phillip has been off, so it was our first chance to take Jack together to sit on Santa's lap.

We first went to Cool Springs Mall, which we should have known was a BIG MISTAKE. I'm talking a THREE HOUR wait. No way. If Jack hadn't melted down, I would have. (I think I have the flu, or something like it and am barely trudging along. I feel abysmal. Ugh.) So, instead of waiting, we packed it up and drove to the considerably less crowded Bellevue Center. Much better.

After waiting about half an hour, it was Jack's turn. I was nervous about how he would react, but I guess all the time spent with his Baby Einstein Santa's Music Box video and the Santa ornaments on the tree had prepared him - perhaps a little too well. When Jack saw Santa he was so excited, he was shaking. Not scared shaking -rather, the little "excited face" he makes where he balls up his fists, grits his teeth and shakes all over. The photographer looked at me at one point and said, "Is he OK?!". Phillip and I were laughing so hard because I'm not sure that I have ever seen Jack so fired up!

He sat in Santa's lap so sweetly and at one point even snuggled up close to him. Santa was awesome, very soft-spoken and kind and really took his time with Jack.

I'm sure that Santa definitely has Jack on his Good List and will most certainly be unloading a great deal of loot here at our house tomorrow night. I just wish he would assemble all of it before he leaves!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No body should be up at 2;48!!!! I think your Santa pictures are better than the official picture. I love the one where he and Santa seem to be hugging.
DEEDEE

4:51 PM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home