I Love You, Spaghetti Face!
Oh, Jack. You are one adorable - and very smart - kid. Every single day you do something that reminds me how fast you are growing up. And how important it is for Mommy and Daddy to savor each moment with you along the way. Even messy dinners.
Last night, as I was cooking before dinner, you came up to me and (in your own way of gesturing, tugging and grunting) led me into the dining room where you proceeded to try and climb into one of the dining room chairs. This was a first attempt for you, so I helped you up.(Up until this point, you had paid no attention to the dining room chairs except to move one when it got in your way.) Once you were seated, you just sat there with your little hands on the table looking all proud of yourself. When I tried to help you down, you emphatically said, "No!" and continued to sit there for several minutes while I cooked.
I asked if you wanted anything and you asked for your drink and a cookie. So, I obliged. You finished and continued to sit. And sit. And grin at me mischeviously. And sit some more. After a few minutes of sitting, you made the sign for "Eat", and looked at me as if I should have figured out by now that you were sitting at the dining room table for a reason. So, I quickly heated up a bowl of spaghetti for you and sat down to feed you dinner. You promptly took the spoon from my hand proceeded to feed yourself. So, I excused myself and went back to my cooking.
I heard you giggling as you ate, so I couldn't resist running for the camera. I returned to find you having quite the fun time with your dinner and making quite the mess. But you did such a great job! Despite the looks of your face and clothes (Don't worry, GrandDuncans - OxyClean got the spaghetti sauce right out of that new shirt!), you actually made very little mess for Mommy to clean up. You are such a BIG BOY and I am so very proud of you!
3 Comments:
I love you, Spaghetti Face (aka, Stinky-face), too. Looking forward to seeing all of you, tomorrow night. And, thank the Lord for Oxy-Clean!!
He is about to become Mr. Independent! He looks so grown up sitting in the "big" chair and feeding himself. His new Bama suit looks great - must have been a perfect fit. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
DeeDee
Look at all those teeth! Too cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home