2006? Did Dick Clark Really Say 2006?
I can not believe it is 2006. Somehow my brain thinks it should still be somewhere around 1994 and I should be waking up to Second Semester classes in the morning, and my musical preferences would really love for it to still be 1982. 2006. Seriously.
I hadn't thought too much about "Starting Over" or making Resolutions until we went to church this morning. Let's just say that our Preacher's message hit me square between the eyes as he encouraged us all to slow down and evaluate life and be sure that we, like Joseph and Mary after the Passover feast, don't get so busy with our own agendas that we leave Jesus behind. He also encouraged us to set Resolutions in such a way that they would help us grow as Jesus did - "..in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man." I just love Pastor Jeff.
I have been asked to lead a Women's Bible Study at church this year as well as to be on the Planning Committee for the "Married in Your 30's" Group. These responsibilities scare me a little (everyone knows that Phillip is usually the "visible" one!) but I really feel God tugging on my heart, so I am actually very excited by the opportunities ahead. Jack will turn two (TWO!) this year. Phillip and I will celebrate our 8th year of marriage. I really believe that this is going to be a Good Year. Happy 2006 everyone!












1 Comments:
I would take a class led by you in a heartbeat! You will be fabulous, and I know that God definitely knows what he's doing, pulling you to that... They will be so lucky to have you.
Happy 2006!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home