Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Kitchen Eye-Candy

Oh, Coffeepot! Oh, Coffeepot!
How lovely are your features.
Oh, Coffeepot! Oh, Coffeepot!
How lovely are your features.

You grind the beans so quietly!
You brew the coffee flawlessly!

Oh, Coffeepot! Oh, Coffeepot!
I love everything about you.

A good cup of coffee makes me silly(er). This gleaming beauty is my new coffeepot. We have been having trouble with our old Mr. Coffee for quite a while now, and I have known for some time that it was time to replace him. However, after drinking a cup of coffee prepared by this same model (owned by our friends, the Merrymans) I knew that I would not be truly happy with just any old coffepot. This baby grinds the beans right into the filter and brews into a thermal carafe, which keeps the coffee fresh and hot for hours without scorching it. However, it's pricey - and as much as I love coffee - I was having a hard time justifying the purchase when there are other things we need more and even more importantly - people are going hungry in the world.

This weekend, however, my wonderful in-laws gave Jeremy, Marsha, Phillip and me a certain sum of money with the instruction that we were to go shopping the next day and spend it. The only conditions were that we spend it on ourselves and that we buy something we wouldn't buy for ourselves otherwise. Hmmm.

So, Saturday morning we all headed down to Foley, near Gulf Shores, to the big outlet mall. And I became the proud mama of a new Cuisinart Grind and Brew. So next time you are thinking of driving to Starbucks to pay $6.00 for a cup of coffee, just head on over to my house and I'll give you a cup for free!

Edited to Add: My husband was appalled that I did not mention that we have, in grand Duncan tradition, named the Coffeepot. As you may know, most items in our home have a name. You may be most familiar with Stewart the Wagon. It seemed an easy choice this time. We pretty much came up with the name simultaniously: Chester.

Now, if you are a child of the 80's like we are, then you probably already know why. If not, then I will explain. Chester Coffeepot is named after the late, great Chester Copperpot - who everyone knows was one of the greatest Goonies of all time. I know, I know...we are oh, so clever!

1 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

You know I knew Chester Copperpot *right away*!!! Love it. Have fun with your new toy. :)

10:00 AM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home