Have You Ever Showered With A Ziploc Bag Over Your Right Hand?
And so has Phillip. No wait, his bag was on his left hand.
This is just one crazy thing we did over the weekend, while in the not-so-happenin' town of Greensboro, NC. (Greensboro may be just fine, actually, but when you've had absolutely no sleep it doesn't seem very appealing.)
So, we showered with Ziploc bags to protect our American Idol wristbands, which we received at 6:00 Sunday morning from a way-too-chipper staff person who said, "Now be sure and keep this on because you will not be able to enter the auditions without it. Oh, and by the way, the bands aren't waterproof, so you might find showering to be a bit difficult."
Really? Seriously?
Well, not for the Duncan's! There was no way we were going to have driven for seven and a half hours only to be foiled by soggy wristbands! We considered wrapping our arms with Saran Wrap, but ultimately decided that a Ziploc bag placed over the hand and wrist would effectively protect our precious wristbands from moisture. And we were correct. We are so resourceful.
Do I have a point here? Ah, yes.
It looks as though Phillip will not be our next American Idol. He was not selected to move on to the next round, although I firmly stand by my opinion that if AI were truly a talent competition, he would have been. It's unfortunate, yes, but I must tell you that by the time he actually auditioned, both of us were so ready to get home, to sleep and to see Jack that we hardly minded. Now that we've seen the process up close and personal, it's much easier to see that not making it is more than likely a bigger blessing than being selected.
I promise to write a detailed report, complete with pictures and lots of other good stuff, within the next couple of days. (I'll even tell you about the girl who auditioned in a bikini and the odd green-haired guy, both of whom you'll probably see on the Clip Show.) Right now, we are recovering and trying to spend all our spare time with our little boy, who we missed so much while we were away. I also don't think I fully have my brain around the whole trip yet, either. We experienced so much in such a short amount of time, and truly only slept about 5 hours between Saturday afternoon and Tuesday morning. (I think that beats my College and New Mom sleep deprivation records.) I can hardly believe we made it home alive but am so thankful that we did. Ugh. So...as soon as I soak it all in, I'll share it.
Oh, and Raven...We would have definitely stopped in to see you had it not been well after midnight when we drove through Knoxville. We honked at you both times, though!
G'night, all.












1 Comments:
Thank you for the shout-out... :)
I'm just so glad you went - you know everything happens for a reason. He'll always be OUR idol.
(But I still want more details!)
Post a Comment
<< Home