Saturday, October 01, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday. We always like to say that she gets October, the greatest month on the calendar, off to an even better start!

Because Phillip and I are leaving for North Carolina later on tonight, Jack and I went out to see "Nano", as he calls her, earlier today. We picked up a yummy lunch at Panera Bread and, as you can see here, Jack took it upon himself to feed Nano her sandwich:

He then took it upon himself to eat her sandwich! As you can imagine, Nano didn't mind one bit.

I am a very lucky woman to have the Mother that I have. She is a true nurturer and she takes care of everyone. Me, my dad, her mom, Jack, Phillip - everyone. She has boundless energy and love. (I only wish I had inherited that trait!)

I can remember one specific moment when I was a little girl, probably around 5 years old, sitting in my mom's lap on our living room couch. It was at that specific moment that I think I really saw her for the first time, as someone separate and apart from myself. I remember thinking to myself, and then telling her, just how beautiful I thought she was. It was just this overwhelming feeling I had about her, and I still remember it so vividly because I still feel the same way. Mom, you are indeed so beautiful - inside and out, and I am so blessed for having been raised by you! You have such a capacity for loving others and so many people love you!

And that little grandson of yours is certainly no exception.


I hope you have a marvelous Birthday!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Miss Linda. Hope it was a very happy one.

6:36 PM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home