Friday, May 20, 2005

Baby Showers and Bathroom Transformations

I have officially been put in my place today about my ineptitude as a Blogger over the last several days. I extend my apologies to those (Alicia) whom I have offended, and will do my best to get back in the routine of updating daily so that those people (Alicia) will no longer feel slighted by my lazy posting. Please forgive me. I will do better. And yes, (Jenni) that means I will get that blog I promised you last week up this weekend! Hee hee.

Today has been such a fun day! I was invited to a Baby Shower at my old office for my sweet friend, and former boss, Jennifer Jones. Jennifer, who stepped in as Director of Operations when Deanna assumed the full-time role of Kate's Mommy, is having a baby girl named Macy very soon, so it was a really special time to honor her. As I have written before, Aegis is a very unique place, made up of some truly fantastic people. I haven't worked there in over a year, yet I find myself still going back and still missing those people I used to spend my days with. Just over a year ago, it was Jennifer and "the girls" who planned my very first - and very fabulous - Baby Shower.

Talking with Jennifer today, I was reminded of just what it was like for me, being close to the end of my pregnancy, receiving all this cool stuff for a little person I hadn't even met yet, and feeling the anticipation of all that was to come. Jennifer and Brian have been praying and waiting for Macy for quite some time, and it is so exciting to see her getting close to "Go Time". What a blessing!

While at the shower, I was also reminded - by a Rubber Duckie that Jennifer received - that I have never posted pictures of Jack's new bathroom. I am not quite finished with it, but I am finished enough that I feel comfortable showing it off a little. I am still planning to paint the first verse of "Rubber Duckie" (a song made famous by Sesame Street's Ernie) on one wall, add some painted bubbles here and there and hang a mirror and a few other pictures. I am getting there, but in the meantime, it still looks adorable. My parents gave Jack all the bathroom "stuff" for his birthday, so we transformed our hall guest bath for him. (I am hoping that all of you now have the Rubber Duckie Song stuck in your head, because I do, and that's only fair.)

Anyway, here is a picture of the bathroom before (the lovely reflective road sign being one of Phillip's favorite flea market finds of all time):



And here it is now, much more fun than it used to be!








Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of you..woh woh, bee doh!

Have a great weekend everyone, and please check back. I am going out on a date with my cutie-pie husband and precious child, but I WILL BE UPDATING!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I'm the first commenter this time. Now if I could only think of something to say. Ummmm...ok...I'm glad Phillip is home safely and that you are all back together under one roof, and I'm looking forward to coming and staying under that roof, too, next weekend, and I hope you got the pictures I sent, and that you realized some of them were for Scott & Jess. Oh - this isn't e-mail, is it? Oh well. signed, the temporarily punctuation-challenged

7:43 PM, May 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sweet and precious words. Thank you. Seeing you again brought back so many memories of you being in this phase of pregnancy and talking about Jack as if he were already here. It is such an amazing experience that you can't really explain. It was so wonderful to see you...you look just fabulous!! Keep praying and it won't be long...!

7:00 AM, May 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home